Insanity

(Samuel's POV)

My eyes shot open, I gasped to draw oxygen to my lungs. It felt like I'd been underwater and was just rising to the surface. I felt the curves of a woman just below my body, soft breasts, long legs, hips that were grinding to me. I wanted to grab her and forget myself in her softness. Her colors were tempting me like a siren's song, she was red, the color of dark seductive passion. I jumped to my feet.

Something was wrong. Everything was wrong.

"Ssh...What are you doing? Didn't you say they were watching?" Diana tried to drag me back to the sofa.

I'd gone dark. A shadow had entered me. It had felt like I'd been washed anew, memories and all. How was it that I hadn't lost myself? How was it that I remembered? How was I still myself, a blind human who could see colors? What was I doing in this room with Diana?

The blackness around me was intense, they were like little bugs trying to find a crack in the window. The dark shadows were here. They were trying to break in. Wait, trying to break in? They had already done that, they had turned everyone, that had been my last memory, a camera shot that froze the scene in my brain. I'd seen a possessed Belle walk back in the kitchen with a sly curve of her lips, biting Cian. I'd seen Diana stop struggling on the floor. I'd felt the air of victory in my blood, the malevolence, the coldness when I had turned into one of them. Then nothing.

"What am I doing in here?" I said, lying flat on the floor. "What happened to us?"

"Are you okay?" she whispered. "You don't sound like yourself. Don't you remember we were looking at the information on the ShadowVampirs?"

"What?" The scene began to look eerily familiar. "What time is it?" I urged her

"Don't know Sam, it's not as if I have a watch here. It's night. Maybe 10 or 11? I don't know. Are they gone?" she asked breathlessly.

I was in the entertainment room. It was the night, right before the morning of invasion. I'd asked everyone to leave. Diana had stayed. She'd read out loud the notes my men had collected on the shadows. Then I'd felt them wandering outside, felt their blackness.

"Yes, they are gone. For the time being." I got up. "How come we are no possessed?" Or were we? I was so confused.

"Why should we be? Are you crazy?" she said.

"Because it happened, damn it! The shadows entered the building. And, then it was all over."

"You must have dozed off. Probably when I was reading the book. Great! I've been reading for nothing."

"I did not sleep!" I said. But, my heart beat fast denying my words. This was all so weird. But she had to be right, what other explanation was there? I must have dreamt the whole thing. It had felt so real! Still, I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was much more to it than that.

I had to make sure that all was well inside the Mansion. "I will look around. Are you coming?"

"Sure. Whatever." She was irritated. Her passion had now cooled off, pity! I still remembered how unsatisfied she'd left my body in the morning. And, I was looking for an opportunity to correct that.

In the morning? What was I saying? The morning had never come. It was still night. That had just been a dream, a stupid dream.

I opened the door, making sure I was the first one to get out the door in case the others were possessed. Everything was freaking me out. I had lived through this night, ended up in Diana's bed, found her walking to the window to open it as she sleepwalked. Yet, it seemed none of that had come to pass. I headed towards the brown color of the staircase just as I heard the footsteps. Somebody was coming down. Diana cursed next to me. I tensed but the person had no blackness, in fact, she had the colors of desire written all over her. I recognized her tangerine essence. Belle.

"I was just coming to find you," she said. "Oh, did they give you a room Diana?"

So, she was unpossessed, too. More and more, I, too was beginning to believe that none of the things I remembered had happened.

"No." That answer came like a slap.

Diana's colors had changed as swiftly as the blowing wind, greens had replaced the colors of annoyance, passion. They were becoming thicker, darker, intense. Hmm...interesting.

"You can take the second room upstairs. That is available."

"Thanks."

I didn't know what to say. Now, I couldn't really go to Diana's room, could I? Could I leave her alone? Did I have any reason to be worried for Diana?

Except for her fuming jealousy, none. That brought a smile on my face. Belle took that as her cue to take me to her room. Correction, our room. She caught my hand and began to drag me upstairs. What was a man supposed to do? I had to follow. Instead of going to the guest room, I heard Diana go down the stairs and I heard the door close behind her. She'd probably gone back to the room we'd just deserted.

It wasn't hard for me to recognize my own room in the Mansion, so that hadn't changed. But its colors had. It had my masculine colors as well as Belle's feminine ones. I panicked when I heard the soft slip of her robe down her body. She took my hand and put it on her breast. Shoot! I withdrew it like it was on fire. She was on fire. How was I going to deal with this situation? This just didn't seem right. I was a man, I could feel my body reacting. but, I didn't want it. Then her hand went lower and lower. I intercepted it before it made its conquest. I cleared my throat. "Belle..."

"Yes," she sang seductively.

"I'm tired. It's been a long day. A confusing day. Why don't we just save this for another night?"

"Don't you want me anymore?" she asked.

I could feel the disappointment, the hurt, the pain which followed my words. "Of course, I do. You are a very desirable woman." What else could I have said? And, it was true. She was an exceptional beauty. But, I was now partial to a specific violet.

"And I'm your wife."

There was that. Even if it was not real.

She put the robe back on, her voice was still husky when she said, "Okay."

I followed her to the bed. I could get out once she was asleep. That was a plan. She put her head on my chest, her arm wrapped tightly around my body. She kissed my jaw and said, "I love you, Samuel."

Shit, the night was getting more stressful minute by minute. The threat of the invasion by dark shadows did not cause me this much pain. "Mmm," I said, kissing her hand.

I closed my eyes and started snoring softly. What started as a pretense soon became real. The exhaustion and the stress of evading Belle's seduction had melted my limbs. It was the opening of the door which woke me up in the middle of the night.

"Shit, run!" I said to Belle who was still sleeping on my chest. They were in. It was too real. The blackness was here.

She woke up, but she was slow to react. There were so many of them. I tried to fight them off, I did my best but my best was not enough. I heard Belle scream, but I couldn't get to her. All I could feel was a million bites on my body, the burn, the pain, the blood. Anger, desperation, disgust...I felt all of them in this weak body. I couldn't do a damn thing. I felt my skin stretch painfully as one of the shadows leaned over me. I could hardly move. And, then I felt it inside me, moving up my legs, then my arms, and chest...I wanted to smash it, but it didn't have a body, it was unstoppable. The blackness moved stealthily inside me until I knew no more. Who was I? I couldn't answer.

"Nooo!" I screamed as I opened my eyes. I inhaled deeply. I was lying on a soft body. "Ssh, didn't you say they were watching?" Diana warned me.

What was happening? I was going insane!

As always, thanks for reading. And, yes this was the shock:)

Alena