thirty-two

When Wrath and Greed followed down the hallway to where an enormous amount of noise was coming from, they weren't expecting to see all of the remaining sins huddled on a couch together watching a horror movie. All of their eyes were glued to the screen, and all of their faces mimicked one thing - terror.

"Guys-" Wrath began to snap them out of their trance but was surprised once all four of them jumped in shock at Wrath's sudden voice, their eyes looking like dilated cat pupils. The TV released a loud crash from the movie they were watching and they all screamed in unison once again.

"Sorry Wrath!" Envy had the decency to say, noticing that Wrath's eyebrows were squished under anger. In fear of what he would see if Wrath got to his breaking point, he quickly grabbed the remote and turned off the television, making the other three, Sloth, Lust, and Pride, sigh with relief. "What's up?" Sloth asked, seeming concerned for the two of them (since they had interrupted and turned off his movie), though he could probably care less on the inside.

Wrath was off like a gunshot, unwavering and not willing to stop, talking about their ordeal as if he was rapping, quickly captivating the four like he was a lamp and they were flies. He talked about the letter that had been sent to them, how it had been sent and even the gift cards that Gluttony had received. He also explained that Gluttony wasn't as on board as him and Greed, but he assured them there would be punishments if any of them defied his feelings. When he was finished, it was like a film had been lifted from them, and they could all see clearly.

Pride was the first to stand up. "Are-"

"We are not doing llamas," said Wrath dully, dismissing Pride. "We're doing what Greed says, and that's what's happening." He slid to the left and looked at Greed, along with the other four doing the same. The five sets of eyes penetrated him with the same intensity as the eyes had when the movie was on. Pride sat back down, defeated.

"We're going to need the girls," Greed echoed, agreeing with Wrath's statement. "The letter said to bring them as well, so we will." He folded his hands together and looked at all of them. "Are there any objections to this?"

There was silence for a few minutes. Sloth stood up and shrugged, and gave a small smile to Greed. "I'm all in for it," he said, throwing his hands up. "Something I don't have to work for. It sounds good." There were a few murmurs of agreement, and the others stood up as well like standing was some sort of gesture to do when agreeing.

Greed felt a wave of relief wash over him. At least none of them had disagreed with him. He thought of Gluttony for a moment, the only one that defied his thinking, and figured that if he didn't like this, he'd have to deal with it. Six was much more than one, and the girls had no vote in this. He was sure if they did, they'd all agree too.

"Thinking of the virtues, someone's going to have to go and talk to them about this, since they have to come as well," Greed added, hoping the sins would be as laid back about this as they were for his original proposal.

Greed saw some of their noses wrinkle in disgust at the idea of talking to the girls, and the comfort he felt before skyrocketed back into anxiety. Even Wrath, who usually ended up doing the dirty work, stepped back and tried not to be seen. This was clearly something none of them wanted to do, including himself. "No one?" Greed asked in a small voice, worried that he would have to step up if no one else would. The other sins looked away from him, suddenly attracted to a wall.

"Fine," Gluttony said, frowning. He brushed his hair out of his face, realizing that he was right after all. He would have to carry the burden. "I'll do it if none of you are going to." He looked at Wrath for encouragement, but none was given to him in the form that he wanted. Wrath put his hand on Gluttony's shoulder and gave a small smile, though it was most likely because he was not the one talking to seven dead, corpse-like bodies. He wiggled his eyebrows, and then pushed him away toward the door.