Part 28

I was eating with Robert at my favourite restaurant.

We had some formal talks about the progress of his company.

"So.." I started.

"So what?" He asked.

"You haven't mentioned about the reason of your coming." I said and kept my glass on the table.

"Umm.. yeah.. how are you?" He asked.

"You came all the way to ask me this?" He laughed it and picked out something from his pocket.

"Actually I came here for this." He extended the gift towards me.

It was a small blue box and which looked like that it contained ...

A finger ring?

No..no..no..please no..

"What is it?" I asked him nervously.

"Open it." He was looking nervous too.

"Hmm.."

I opened it and...

BAM!

"HEY..." I shouted and stood up.

Everyone in the restaurant started looking towards us and then suddenly Robert started laughing.

"Look at you." He laughed at me.

"I will kill you." I sat down and hissed at him.

"It was not a real one thought.." he was trying to control his laughter.

"Shut up."

"I thought it was a rumour that you are afraid of cockroaches." He laughed again.

"Stop laughing unless you want me to kill you." I narrowed my eyes while pointing a fork towards him.

"I doubt if it could kill me." He said in amusement.

Before I could have said anything he revealed a second a box.

"Now what is it?" I asked.

"Open it."

"No way." I crossed my hands.

"Seriously there's nothing like that. Please." He said sincerely.

It would be better if there is a cockroach instead of ....a ring..

"Okay.."

I opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

I averted my eyes from the ring towards him with no emotion on my face.

"I could have asked you in a better way...like I could have be on my knee and asked to be my wi... fiance.. but I was not wanting to make it a big news on the media tomorrow..though I am unsure if anyone noticed here." He shrugged.

"Hmm.."

"You haven't answered yet." He asked looking at me. "Oh sorry.. I didn't ask you properly." He cleared his throat and started.

"Miss Liza Miller, will you... marry me?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"I..I..need some time to think about it." I said feeling unsure.

"Take your time. Even if you will disagree, I will be your friend always. I will be there for you Everytime and anytime." He said with a sincere smile.

"I know you could be irritating at times, but you are a true friend." I smiled.

******

I kept on thinking about Robert's proposal the whole night.