Chapter Twenty-Five: The Secret is Out

So many thoughts were going through my mind, should I run? Hide? Make up some lame excuse? However, nothing could compare to the emotions I was feeling.

I held my sunglasses in my hands, gripping them a little tighter. I had no words and it looked to me that neither did she. We stared at each other for a few minutes none of us saying a word. I was quite thankful, to be honest.

“I usually try not to associate myself with people like you,” She said looking me up and down. “But, maybe this might work in my favor.” She said smirking.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion, should I be offended? “What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means, that I always knew you were weird, a little secretive. Now I finally know what you have been hiding this whole time… Little miss I am America’s First Daughter.”

I tilted my head at her, “That doesn’t make sense.”

“Oh you know what I mean,” She snapped at me.

I sighed, out of all people Ashley was the one to find out my secret. The blonde slut, with no morals. This day keeps getting better and better. “Look what do you want?”

“Nothing, yet…” Ashley said grinning at me.

“What does it cost for your silence?” I asked impatiently, I didn’t want to do this, but it seemed that she left me with no choice. I really do regret coming here with Thomas but if I didn’t, he would tell mom and dad I went out with Gavin.

Ashley let out a snort, “You’re stupid if you think you can buy me for my silence. My dad is loaded, I don’t need your money even if you are America’s First Daughter.”

“If your dad is so called ‘loaded’ then how come you’re working at an ice cream parlour?” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“It is none of your business,” Ashley said snapping once more at me. “Look, if I was you I would keep my mouth shut, after all your secret is on the line.”

I complied, doing as told. I didn’t want to make Ashley even madder, after all what she just said was true. “So if you aren’t going to tell me what you want? Does this mean you are going to keep my secret?” I asked, she was taking way too long to make a decision. “Because I am pretty sure my ice cream is beginning to melt.”

Ashley ignored my question as she just stared at me, her big blue eyes caked with mascara and eyeliner beginning to widen. “I will keep your secret, but you have to do two things stay away from Gavin,” She announced.

I nodded my head, “Okay fair, I am not really interested in him.”

“You don’t have to lie, I know you are, but he would never like someone like you.” Ashley told me her face scrunching up.

I rolled my eyes, “And the second thing?” I asked beginning to get impatient.

“You have to do whatever, I tell you.” She said smirking at me.

“You said two things!” I exclaimed.

“That is two,” She said grinning at me evilly. “Do we have a deal?” She said sticking her tanned manicured hand to me.

I grasped my hands in hers, “We have a deal.” I mumbled under my breath.

*

“She what?” Holly whisper/yelled to me. “Please tell me my ears are playing tricks on me.”