9| Magic.

-You know I'm no Pinocchio, I never told a lie

-You know I'm no Pinocchio, I never told a lie."
••••        ••••        ••••

Meanwhile in Hawkins middle, Lucas Tyrell was on top of the world, and he is loving it.

Not only was his first boy-girl party a success, and he got to play seven-minutes in heaven with the most hottest girl in his grade, Lucas also passed his math test, which meant ten bucks from his father, and bragging material towards his older sister. 

The fluffy haired 13-year old was currently sitting in his science class, sketching random cartoon characters inside his textbook when the door slammed open, revealing Dustin Henderson. The sight of his out of breath classmate made the Tyrell boy roll his eyes.

He watched as Dustin loudly apologized for being late, making Mr. Clarke nod his head towards the boy. Lucas then raised an eyebrow, when he saw Dustin run to his desk and took a seat, before whispering towards his friends. His eyes fell back on to his doodles, when he heard a harsh whisper coming from the front making him look up from the page, and scoff out loud when he saw Dustin leaning over his seat, looking at his direction. Lucas followed the former toothless boy's gaze, and found his target.

Sitting behind Lucas, was one of Hawkins new residents, Max. The red-head, skater chick from California, who seems to have already associated herself with Mike Wheeler, Will Byers, Lucas Sinclair and Dustin Henderson, the jokes of the school.

"A.V room. Lunch." Dustin rasped out to the girl behind Lucas, who guessed that Max must have given a nod, or thumbs up, by the ecstatic look that spread across the cap-wearing nerd's face. A look that was wiped off the instant Dustin's pale eyes landed on Lucas Tyrell, who stuck up his middle finger the second their eyes connected.

Chuckling to himself, Lucas smirked at the reaction he got, leaning into his seat. He was about to go back to his sketches when the corner of his eyes caught the sudden, erratic movement of Dustin's bag.

Lucas straighten his posture, and looked at his surroundings, taking notice of the bored, unfazed expressions of his classmates. He looked over his shoulder, and made eye contact with Max, who looked calm, as if she had not seen anything as well. He leaned forward, and watched with wide eyes, as Dustin took out a 3 Musketeer candy bar, and broke it up into tiny pieces before opening the homemade trap he wore around school yesterday.

"No shitting way." Lucas mumbled to himself, as he silently watched Dustin feed some sort of slimy creature, with sharp teeth, chocolate.

After Mr. Clarke's lecture about Phineas Gage  wrapped up, he ordered the class to spilt up into groups of two-to-three.

Both Dustin, and Lucas Sinclair, shot up from their seats, making a bean line towards Max, when the Tyrell boy turned in his seat to look at the girl, "Hey Max. Wanna be partners?"