PROLOGUE

Prologue

Ace glared at his parents after he had yelled at them and thrown a tantrum. He didn't want the stupid remote control car his parents bought for his birthday. He already has five different ones up in his room. Why couldn't they give him something he wanted? Frustrated with his them, he ran upstairs before slamming his bedroom door.

For a six-year-old, Ace was too stubborn for his own good, which worried his parents.

His mother and father were exhausted. They tried everything they could to make him happy, but it seemed that no matter what they did or bought for their son, he never seemed to be satisfied. This has never been a problem before since Ace told his mother and father what he wanted. But this year was different. He wanted them to surprise him.

That was easier said than done.

While the little boy was complaining about his parents up in his room, his mother and father both sat on the couch, feeling awfully tired.

"Maybe you should take him to the mall." Ace's father suggested. "He's sure to find something, and you can get whatever it is."

"You're right," Ace's mother agreed. "I'll go tell him to get ready."

Ace's father took out his phone and dialed their chauffeur, Albert while his wife went upstairs to talk with their demon of a son.

The woman knocked one the door once, and there was no reply. So she did it again, and soon enough, Ace opened the door. He didn't show any emotions as he started as him mother.

Ignoring his rude manners, his mother smiled. "Your father suggested that we go to the mall. You can buy whatever you like. Would you like that?" she asked.

Ace thought about it for a minute until a grin started to appear on his face. "Really! I'll get a ready right now!" He cheered before slamming the door once more.

The woman sighed in relief that her son agreed to go to the mall. If he said no, she didn't know what to do. As her son went to get ready, she went downstairs and grabbed her purse that on the couch.

Moments later, Ace came running downstairs in a dark blue polo and a pair of jeans. He went straight for the front door, not even waiting for his mother, before putting on his black runners that has lightning bolts on the sides. It was a gift he was given last year by his mother, and he has been wearing it ever since. His dark, brown hair was a mess as always since he never really bothers to brush it. Much to his father's dismay.

"Are you ready to go?" his mother asked. Ace nodded, eager to go to the mall and buy a new set of toys for his birthday.

Albert was waiting outside, and he opened the door for them. Ace refused to sit on the booster-seat, saying it was uncomfortable but he had to since it was a rule.

From that way onward, Ace swore he'd be writing the rules one day.

Albert drove to the mall that, thankfully, wasn't far from where they live so they didn't have to deal with Ace's whining about the booster-seat. Once they arrived, Ace practically jumped out of his seat and ran into the large building with his mother trailing behind.

Ace's mom took him to multiple stores, but frowned when he shook his little head and said he didn't want anything. He would look around the shop, but nothing seemed to catch his eyes.

"I'm hungry," Ace told his mother after hearing his stomach growl. His mother chuckled before heading towards the food court where many people where happily eating their foods.

Ace told his mother what he wanted to eat, and once she paid and received their food, they looked for an empty table to eat at. Fortunately, after quite a long search, she managed to find an empty table.

She was just about to set the try down when she felt someone tugging her dress.

"What is it dear? Do you want something else?" his mother asked, looking down to see his attention focused on something.

Or rather, someone.

"Her," he said, pointing at a girl, sitting on a small wooden stool with a book in her hands. "I want her."

••• - ••• - •••

Your thoughts so far?

Hopefully, it's okay and you actually like this so far.

Sorry if it's short! I promise the chapters will be longer!