Merry Christmas [S1:E19]

| December 25 | Monday Morning |

~ Sam's POV ~

"Oh Megan, come on," I plead while holding up one of my gifts, which was unfortunately still wrapped. "Let me open just one."

I watched Megan's blue eyes disappear behind her lids in annoyance and a hint of humor.

"I said no, Sam, now come on, we need to leave if we don't want to be late," she advised.

"Please."

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Samantha Marie Carson," Megan scolded. "You can open them tonight when we get back from celebrating with our families."

"But I can't wait till tonight!" I said as she took my hand.

"You don't have a choice."

As much as I wanted to continue to protest, I knew better. Arguing with Megan was like trying to smash a brick wall with your bare hands. Besides, I knew she had a point.

We would spend lunch and afternoon with our families, and later this evening Blair and Tony would come over and we would exchange gifts with each other. I just had to be patient.

But I'd be lying if said Christmas wasn't my favorite holiday, and not just because of presents. Although, they were a big part of it.

Also, I really couldn't wait for Megan to see what I had gotten her.

After we made sure Charlie was comfortable in her pinned-off area, we left for the day. This year would be great because we didn't have to go through the whole "Hi, I'm Megan's girlfriend" introductions and because Megan's family absolutely loved me.

I mean, how could they not?

"Who do you think is more excited to see me? Your mom or dad?" I boasted.

"Dad's been asking about you a lot," Megan informed.

"What about your mom?"

"Her too." She looked at me from the driver's seat. "She wants to know why we haven't visited, so I blamed it on you because she won't be as mad."

"Megan!"

"I'm just kidding." She smirked. "Kind of."

"Your parents love me."

"Thank God."

I slipped my hand into hers. "Were you worried about them not liking me?"

"A little."

"Why?"

"Because you're a little... out there."

I scoffed. "I am not."

"You are."

I frowned.

Megan laughed. "But it's a good kind of out there. It makes you, you."

I smirked. "Did your parents like Nikki?"

"You would ask that."

"Well, did they?"

Megan tilted her head. "They didn't despise her... but, I'll just say she wasn't their favorite."

"That's because I'm their favorite."