Chapter 17

Raiza's POV

Last night had been a complete nightmare. Seeing those guys again... Ugh, I can't even describe it. Thank God Niall was there too. I thought Harry and that guy, Zayn, would kill each other at any second. The tension between them was something I've never seen before. Let's just say you could cut it but with a saw instead of a knife.

And apart from all that, Rue has been acting weird since she came back from that party and I haven't seen Cam. He didn't come to classes and is not answering my phone calls or texts. My head was pounding thinking about all that. Maybe I should close my eyes and-

"Hey, Raiza." I heard a voice with an unmistakable Irish accent asked.

"Niall." I smiled at him. He sat next to me and leaned against the trunk.

"What are you doing here alone?" He asked, intrigued. "I thought you would be with Harry."

"With Harry?" I asked, surprised. "Why did you... Why would you think something like that?" He would be the last person on Earth that I would be with. Even if he was, I wouldn't. Everything is chaos when I'm around him.

"Well... After what happened at the party, I thought... I've never seen Harry acting like that. If any of us wanted what the other had, none of us objected. But with you it was different."

I laughed. He couldn't be serious. I mean... We're talking about Harry. "First of all, Harry 'doesn't have me'. He might think I'm his property, a girl who he can mess around. But I'm not." I confessed. "We don't get along at all, to be honest. I'm as clueless as you about the reasons why he defended me." This guy was so complicated and hard to figure out.

"I know he can be a complete bastard. I've witnessed the things he has done. Trust me, I know." He grimaced. "I've done things like that too and I'm not proud of it. It's part of my past now." I looked at him confused, not really understanding what was the point in this. "What I'm trying to say is that if you give Harry a chance, I know he can be a better... person. There's goodness in you and that's what he needs to be saved."

"To be saved? He's just an asshole, Niall." I laughed. "Save him from what? It's not like he'll burn in hell. I told him anyway that he would end up alone if he doesn't stop acting like an asshole and pushing people away." I sighed and shook my head. "Harry's a hopeless case."

"Would you please at least think about it?"

I nodded just so he would be calm. I noticed this was something important for him, for some reason. "Can I ask you something?" Changing the subject. Niall nodded, giving me a smile. "What were you doing with them?" I asked intrigued. "They don't seem like your type."

"My type?" Niall asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean you're nice and friendly in comparison with the other guys." I admitted. "I can't understand why someone like you would be friends with Harry."

"I don't know if I would call it to be friends. We don't really use that word." He shrugged, downplaying it. "But let's just say that we've been around each other for a very long time so it's something that we kinda got used to it. It's hard to explain right now but you'll understand eventually, I think." Niall remained quiet for a second, like he was remembering some old memory. "When you're like us and you've been alone for ages, sometimes it's good to finally find someone. Of course, none of us will admit it because we're 'too cool' for all that sentimental human shit." He said, laughing. His laugh was cute and contagious; I couldn't help but smile and laughed along with him. 

"Do I interrupt something?" A husky voice said.

Harry's voice.

Niall and I looked at each other and laughed. "No, I'm just leaving." He said. "I'll see you later, Raiza." Niall placed a kiss on my cheek and before leaving he reminded me about our 'Harry-needs-saving' talk. I watched him walked away from us and smiled. He really was a good friend, Harry should be thankful of having someone like him. I hope at least he knows that.

"So, you and Niall?" Harry asked in an indecipherable tone. 

"What about me and Niall?" I said, turning my face to him.

"Oh, so you're admitting it."

"I'm not admitting anything, Harry." I said harshly. "Niall and I are friends. Why do you even care?" I stood up, ready to leave. Trying to have a civilized conversation with Harry was impossible.

"You don't know him." He spat out, angry. "He doesn't have friends. Neither of us."

"I do know him." He looked at me like I was talking nonsense. "I met him at Disneyland, he... he helped me with something really complicated."

"You don't know the real him, baby."

"Maybe not, but what I know about him is that he's better than you. He's nice and caring. Something that you'll never be."

His face was filled with anger and suddenly he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me closer to him. "I can be nice and caring if I want to."

"I doubt it." There it was again, his comedian facet.

"Tell me what you feel when I'm close. When you feel my breath, my scent, my vibration against your body." Harry whispered inches away from my lips.

"Nothing." I said, trying to make my voice not sound so shaky. "The only feeling I have towards you is repulsion. I would never-"

"Keep telling yourself those lies." His British accent sounded so smooth. "You don't have idea how good I can make you feel, baby." He moved his lips to my neck and began brushing them against it. "And I know your body is craving for it right now." I felt the smirked forming on his lips. "That's only a slight amount of the pleasure I can give you."

I gulped. Having him this close inhibited all my logical reasoning. I wanted to punch him but I was frozen. And for some reason hearing Harry talking to me like that was turning me on, when it shouldn't. I hate this guy. 

I do, right?

...

Don't forget to vote for 'Devilish' on the undiscovered wattpad competition :) The link's on my bio and status. x Love you!