CHAPTER THREE

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. NOT A DATE 
(
chapter three  ─ act one )

────────────

Rory sat on the floor in the back of The Night Owl, rubbing her temples as she nursed her headache. The luncheon with the Greens had gone according to the plan, it was all-in-all a great success. But it lasted dreadfully long and the Greens weren't exactly the most lively people. And they kept dragging the whole ordeal out an awfully long time to keep Rory and Alek there.

As soon as it was over, Rory asked her driver to take her to the small bookstore she found earlier in the week. Whatever break she had in her schedule, she was going to spend it here. She just neeed a few minutes of peace and quiet before going to her next appointment. But when she once again felt an odd sensation running down her spine, the witch realized that tranquility would be the last thing she was going to get.

"Something on your mind, love?" The witch groaned, recognizing Klaus' voice.

"I swear to God-" Rory muttered darkly, looking up to see the Original standing in front of her.

"So, I have a question for you. Well, actually multiple questions," Klaus continued, ignoring the look of annoyance on Rory's face. "And maybe this conversation would be better if we moved to one of the seating areas. This floor surely can't be clean as it presents itself to be."

"You're right," Rory replied, getting up onto her feet. "This conversation would be a lot better if I just get up and leave right now."

Rory attempted to walk around him, only for the vampire to grab her arm and pull her back towards him. "You're not going anywhere until you answer my questions."

"I am leaving and I am not telling you anything. Now, let me go."

Klaus stared at her for a moment, completely baffled. "Are you giving me orders?"

"Each time I see you, you get more and more perceptive."

"Tell me what you know," He suddenly demanded, staring into her eyes as his pupils dilated.

"What do you think you're doing?" Rory asked while attempting to free herself.

"Why aren't you ..." Klaus began to ask, wondering why the compulsion wasn't working until realizing the answer. "Vervain."

"Your perceptiveness manages to blow me away."

"So, that means you've heard of me and my family before, haven't you? You know, don't you?"

"The only thing I know is that you are becoming a pain in my -"

"Now is not the time for your wit."

"Incorrect. Every opportunity that presents itself for my wit to come into play is a perfect time for it to be used."