Chapter 3

Chapter 3

You must be wondering what exactly is this whole 'my date' thing about. Well I guess I should tell you since that's what this book is all about.

When you turn 18 you are an adult so you have to take on other responsibilities. The day after you turn 18 you go to the hospital to find out what day and how you will die. It doesn't tell you all the details of your death though, so there is still some mystery to it.

The hospital you go to isn't like a normal hospital. It's underground and it's hidden. This is so when people from other towns come they don't see it. It is guarded very well and had a gate around it. I don't really get why it needs all this special protection.

When you arrive you have to show them your birth certificate and any form of ID. When they let you in someone is there to meet you. They tell you everything that is going to happen in the next 24 hours. Yes this process takes 24 hours. I don't know exactly what happens because I have yet to go there. In five days I turn 18, so in six days I go to the hospital and find everything out.

Also your parents drive you out there. They can come into the hospital for half an hour but after that they have to leave and pick you up the next day.

From what I have heard it is not painful at all, except for the few shots they have to give you. One of the shots puts you to sleep. Another shot allows the doctors to see what you dream and think about. I guess that's how they can tell how you die, from your dreams and thoughts. I don't get how they can do that though, but they are the scientists not me!

My Mom said that it's nothing to worry about. She said that when you get in the hospital they are very nice and if you need anything (food or water) they go out of there way to get it do you. They want you to feel as comfortable as possible. The more comfortable and relaxed you are the easier it is to get information and find out your date.

Sorry that I couldn't tell you guys a lot about it right now but I'll be able to tell your more after I experience it myself!