i. a scratched car

when steve harrington shut his locker, he was greeted by none other than wendy carmichael.

"shit, wendy! you scared me!" steve jumped before calming down.
"your brother is a piece of shit. i hope you know that, steve." wendy stated as she walked next to the teenager.

"what did he do this time?" steve asked, looking at his friend since kindergarten. steve was finally trying to settle back into his life after the craziness that occured months before this moment.

wendy carmichael was a key part in steve trying to feel normal again. she made him feel normal—he was comfortable around her. afterall, the two had lived next to each other for nearly twelve years.

wendy and steve were there for each other for nearly everything.

"i was doing my biology homework last night and susie comes into my room, crying. i asked her what was wrong and she told me that your asshole of a brother pranked her in front of the whole class." wendy said.
"he pranked her?" steve asked, pulling the door to the gym open, allowing wendy to walk in first.

"yes! keep your brother away from susie, please." wendy looked at steve.
"whatever, i'll talk to him. are you coming to my game on friday?" steve asked.

steve felt a light shove, and the sound of a voice that belonged to his friend, tommy.
"well what do we have here? harrington and carmichael? should i be telling nancy?" tommy teased.

wendy rolled her eyes at steve's 'friend'. she hated tommy and carol from the day that she met them. she only really put up with them to satisfy steve.

"that's my cue to leave. bye, steve. talk to troy, okay?" wendy questioned as she backed out of the gym.

"i will. have fun in...whatever class you're going to." steve said as wendy left the gym. as the teenaged girl exited out of the gym, she bumped into a guy, causing her books to fall out of her arms.

wendy groaned, looking at the guy. she had definitely never seen him around their school before. he had blue eyes and a blond mullet.

"you should watch where you're going." wendy scoffed, bending down to pick up her books that the guy didn't even try to help her with.

"no, you should watch where you're going, princess." the guy said, harshly.
wendy rolled her eyes as she made a mental note. he was hot, but rude.

she collected her books and walked away from the hostile guy that she had just met.

|||

wendy carmichael parked in the parking lot of hawkins middle school, waiting for her sister.
susan carmichael was usually hanging around her crush, dustin henderson.

wendy had been surprised that susan had liked dustin for so long. usually, susie would have found another guy to like.

the sound of loud music cut off wendy's thoughts as she got out of her car to look at who was playing the loud music.

wendy's eyes traveled to the tacky blue sports car that had parked next to her. she walked over to the car, knocking on the window. the car door swung open, causing a nick in the door of wendy's car.

her eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the scratch on her car.
"what do you wa—oh, it's you." billy hargrove scoffed. wendy scowled at the guy that had scratched her car door.

"you asshole, you scratched my car!" she yelled. billy looked at the scratch, then back at wendy. he shrugged. he genuinely didn't give two shits about wendy's car.

"it was a piece of shit before i scratched it though." billy stated. wendy groaned loudly.

"you son of a bitch, my parents gave me that car for my birthday and you scratched it! i hope you go to hell, asshole!" wendy screamed.
"oh babe, i'm living in hell, but its formally known as hawkins, indiana." billy kept his cool with the enraged girl.

"fuck you, dic—" wendy was cut off.
"wendy!" the sound of susie carmichael hissed.

wendy turned around, seeing her younger sister with a red tinted face. susie was definitely embarrassed as she watched her sister yell at the boy. wendy turned back to the boy.

"this isn't over...." wendy trailed off, waiting for a name.
"billy." the guy that wendy despised said. billy was actually amused with the whole situation.

wendy allowed her sister to get into the car, and wendy got into the driver's seat.

the seventeen year old started her scratched car, and drove off from the parking lot. as she left, she heard billy's voice yell in anger,
"max, come on!"

steve and wendy are my brotp to be honest
+ i hope i don't get hated for making a billy fic