Chapter Seventy-Six

|Danaë|

"Owww, it hurts," I complained as I fell back into my wheelchair. My mother looked at me annoyed along with my physical therapist.

"I understand that Danaë but if you wanna be able to walk again, you'll have to try to stand up first," Lena, my physical therapist explained. I sighed and fought back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"It hurts," I said through gritted teeth. My mother stepped forward and sighed.

"Lena give us a minute please," my mother demanded as she eyed me. I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I was in a lot of pain and didn't have the least bit of energy to do this shit. I missed Anthony like crazy and I hadn't seen my brother in over a week.

"Can we do this another time. I have to study for finals ma," I mumbled.

"No we cannot do this another time, Danaë. What is wrong with you, every since the day you came home from the psychiatrist, you've been acting off. Baby what happened back there," she asked. I closed my eyes and allowed visions of my visit with Dr. P to pop up in my head. I shuddered at the weird energy she gave off.

"Nothing, I just don't want to ever go back there," I said. My mom nodded her head.

"Ok, I won't make you do something you don't wanna do but I will be letting Dr. Rentalls know that your visit didn't go well," she warned.

"Whatever, can we just get this over with. I wanna finish beating Kree's butt in connect four," I groaned. My mother tilted her head to the side.

"You and him are getting awfully close. Do I smell a crush," she pried. I widened my eyes.

"Ma no! Ew, I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it," I said disgusted. She laughed hysterically.

"Why do you say it like that baby? Kree really isn't that bad," she said. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Mama."

"Hmm?"

"You must not know Kree like that cause if you did you wouldn't be saying that," I said. She laughed lightly before my phone interrupted her.

"Would you be kind enough to get that for me," I asked. She stood up from the chair and walked across the room to retrieve my phone.

"It doesn't have a name, just a number," she said holding my phone up.

"Just answer it mom, it's probably one of my professors," I said.

"Hello," she sang. I rolled my eyes and wheeled towards her.

"Oh Anthony, hi," she said, setting alarms off in my head. I quickly shook my head.

"Danaë? Oh she's in physical therapy right now." I knew my mother hated lying but when it came to her kids, she'd go to war with God.

"She left her phone in the car but I can let her know you called," she said.

"I'll tell her that too."

"Goodbye."

"What'd he say," I asked as soon as she ended the call. My mother tapped my phone against her thigh and looked at me weirdly.

"He said he loved you," she stated. I chewed on the inside of my jaw while my mother stared a hole through my body.

"Oh," I mumbled.

"Oh? Is that all you have to say for yourself young lady," my mom asked. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Mom what you want me to say, maybe he does love me," I stated.