| TWENTYEIGHT: IN A DAYDREAM

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

IN A DAYDREAM

The sun felt so nice on her skin. Flesh touching flesh, a warm hand holding her own as the world seemed to escape the teenage girl as she closed her eyes and laid there in the grass. She was a peace, a short peace that could never last forever but at least she had it there for a moment. Amandla Felicity Fitzgerald dreamed of a place where Hermione Granger would lay with her and it would just be them in their own world, together and happy, but never thought it would become a reality. Low and behold, here she was with the lovely Granger girl.

They were in this world alone, just the two of them with the sun and the field far behind the Weasley household. Amandla never wanted to return to the real world, wanted to lay there forever because there was no stress there. In this moment, Hermione was laying short pecks on her neck as she smiled. In this moment, she was holding her hand without fear of hiding and it was just the two of them. It was the two of them in this lovely heaven that wouldn't last forever. But there was this moment and Amandla would cherish it for the rest of the days.

"Open your eyes and pay attention to me," Hermione pouted slightly, turning Amandla's face to her. Obeying her command, she opened her eyes before giving Hermione a short kiss, pleasing the other girl.

"It's so pretty outside," Amandla commented, looking around at the area they had spent so many hours at over the course of the week Amandla had spent at the house.

"Mrs. Weasley likes to take care of her land, especially if it means putting the boys to work," Hermione responded, humming slightly as she looked at their two hands interlocked with one another.

Amandla chuckled, "I can imagine that. Good thing she hasn't gotten Corey to do anything yet, he hates spending time outside."

"I don't understand that. My parents would always take me camping though. Rather liked it really," Hermione reminisced. Amandla almost missed the sad (more like pained) look in her eyes.

"Then we'll have to go camping sometime," she decided. Hermione looked at her as if she were a madwoman, prompting her to continue. "After the war, when we survive and win. I'll take you camping."

Hermione's beautiful and blinding smile returned, "I'd like that."

"Although," Amandla looked at her, "I have to tell you, I've never been camping before, so I don't really know what to expect."

The Granger girl turned to lay on her stomach instead of her back then. "You'll have a fun time, don't worry," she assured.

"I always have a fun time when I'm with you," Amandla said back, causing Hermione to roll her eyes and mutter about just how sappy she was. Amandla couldn't disagree with that.