Impressions

After struggling to find a way to leave Camille, Axl rushes through the gardens, leaving behind a trail of water that sends a warning to the entire kingdom. The fairies and mermaids run to safety. The god grunts in the air, awakening a threatening storm in the ocean, but the image of her glittering eyes looking right at him with shock and admiration, stops him. He sighs irksomely, trying to calm his mood, knowing that a violent typhoon will only scare her. Axl looks up at the moon, hoping to find someone that can help him understand.

The doors slam open as he stomps inside, where Kaiden patiently waits for him. His loyal servant, who has spent more than a lifetime taking on his sudden wraths, Kaiden senses that god's energy is rapidly turning into a disaster. "It is best if you leave the room," he suggests to Tyr, Axl's favorite nymph. She rolls her eyes at Kaiden and lays on the sofa. Kaiden sighs as he mermaids that are the embodiment of attraction.

Axl flops in his throne, his crystal blue eyes turn gray as the nymphs' crawl towards him. Seductively looking for his attention, trembling to feel his passion, but unfortunately for them, Axl's fury only increases in their presence. He glares at the flirtatious women, but all h can think of is the innocence he perceived from Camille. How one glimpse into her bright eyes was enough to make his cold heart react, to hesitate whether to be brutally honest or make up lies to keep her from crying. The intensity turns into a bolt of lightning that strikes over the water region, thunders rumble in the dark of the night. The nymphs quilled in shock. "Your majesty..." Tyr tries but freezes as his face turns cold and expressionless.

Piercing the nymphs with an ice-cold glare that immediately sends chills through every cell of their exposed bodies. "Get out of my sight." He orders with a thundering tone. Frozen and without question, the creatures vanish in the blink of an eye.

"She was not sleeping?" Kaiden asks quietly, hoping to stay on his master's good side. Handing him a glass of white wine, he returns to his place and waits for him to speak. The thought of Camille's frightened expression forces him to ease the storm. The winds slow down, the thunders disappear.

Axl focuses on the outside of his window. The cold wind spread across the land as the crash into the sand—the night birds echoing in the distance as he falls deeply in thoughts. Trying to understand his own feelings. "Those marks, what are those marks?" He wonders, bothered by the disturbing sight of her scars. He looks into the distance and questions how the Great God of Destiny and Life let something like this happen to her.

"Perhaps the great gods have opted for a new method to persuade you, my lord," Kaiden comments. Noticing that he's becoming aware of his action, Kaiden can see the reason behind Camille's presence in the sanctuary. Axl analyzes the idea as he uncontrollably taps his shiny rings on the wine glass.

"Perhaps you are right." He agrees with diligence, something that surprises Kaiden. Axl had struggled to confront Camille, even with the option to use his power. Deep down, he feels the need to give her the chance to choose for herself.

"But isn't she lovely?" Silvanus appears from within the shadows with a comment that feels like a sharp dagger in the god's ears. Axl glares at Silvanus with the corner of his eye but says nothing. The fact that the great gods have run out of options to persuade him to take a side is more credible now. By choosing Camille, Axl will be forced to make a choice, heartlessly throw her back into a world she can't survive, or keep her and accept that he can give hope to another. Axl sighs with frustration to realize that maybe the great gods have finally found a way to manipulate him.

"What do you think, Kaiden?" Silvanus asks as he serves himself a glass of wine.

Kaiden stands next to the window, arms crossed over his chest. He seems to meditate for a moment, hoping to keep things peaceful for his master. But Kaiden is also taken aback by the mystery of her violet eyes. Everyone in the Gods' World can see her appearance is not like any other human. "I think she belongs here," Kaiden answers quietly but refraining from making the god angrier.