Lies?

"So..." I look at Sunny expectantly.

"Let me go grab something to drink first. Do you want anything?" He suddenly asks.

"Stop stalling." I stare flatly.

"I'm not." He most definitely is.

"Right." He sounds so convincing.

Letting out a heavy sigh, he sits down on his bed. I plop down next to him.

"I don't know where to start." He appears deep in thought.

"Ok. Start with the mysterious relationship you have with Zach, aka Boss. I'm completely confused and borderline going crazy right now."

"I met Zach around the time our parents married one another. We met at the wedding as a matter of fact. He's my cousin on my mom's side by four years. You met him when you were little but obviously you don't remember him anymore. Anyways, his father, Roma, wasn't a law-abiding citizen. I don't know how my aunt Julieta got involved with him but she did. Zach's father was the leader of a gang but I still thought he was a chill guy. If I didn't know better, Roma was just a normal guy. They loved each other and were happy. Aunt Julieta loved him regardless, but her love was her downfall. She died protecting him from a bullet that was aimed at Roma. After that, everything spiraled downwards. Zach disappeared with his father for a couple years. It seemed like he came back the same ole dude."

"You're summarizing." I complain. "I want the details to the plot."

"This isn't a fictional story. This is real life Emmy." Sunny scolds me. "You don't need to know every detail anyways. That isn't the purpose of my little storytelling."

He pauses and continues. "I should have noticed things were different. Zach's dad created an underground fighting ring. I thought it was so cool so I went and joined with Zach. His dad made it just to help him vent and relax. After my aunt's death, he became reserved and hollow. There was this bitter and empty look in his eyes. I could tell he tried to help Zach, but he couldn't even help himself." He sighs. "Zach was obsessed with training. I think it was partly because he felt that he failed to protect his mom so he needed to prove himself somehow. On his first fight, Zach beat up his opponent so badly the guy almost died. I never saw him so angered and wild, so crazy. His opponent was a full-grown adult while Zach was barely a freshman in high school. It was terrifying since he had a bloodthirsty grin. I tried to help him become less violent but it didn't work. In fact, he beat the snot out of me.."

"Zach was heavily affected by his mother's death. He tried to cover it by acting the same but I've known him too long to spot bullshit." Sunny's face lightened momentarily. "I think fighting was his escape. He could release all his emotions and he felt free."

"How would you know that?" I raise an eyebrow. "Is that empathy I hear?"

"Yes, I empathized with him." Sunny admits. "I was pissed at my real mom for leaving me. I was pissed dad married your mom so easily. I was pissed at myself that your mom replaced my mom-that I began to look at her as my own true mom. You know what pisses me off the most? I just shrugged and let him deal with it because he told me it wasn't a big deal. I should've put more effort. I've only stayed with him because Roma asked me to."

I stay quiet and listen, giving him a brief hug. I never thought about these things. I feel rather selfish that I never considered how Sunny felt. He's always been my big brother, my protector, my role model. I've always thought he was perfect. Wow, I must be one terrible sister if I didn't know this.

"Why did Roma ask you when he could do it himself?" I wonder.

"He's dead Emmalyn." Sunny deadpans.

"Oh wow..." My eyes widen in shock. I feel sorry for Zach. He lost both of his parents. I'm beginning to slightly piece things together. There's still a lot of missing pieces to the puzzle though.

"I think Roma was killed by a rival gang. He left a letter for me before he died. I don't know much about gangs so I can't really give you more information. And don't you dare go looking for trouble." Sunny frowned. "Zach took his dad's position. I don't even know everything. I don't know what exactly made him so cold hearted when his parents were both such happy, loving people! It could be anything!" His voice grew increasingly louder.

"Jason..." I whisper, trying to calm him down. I knew Zach was part of some shady business. He's in a gang! It explains why he has so many goons and connections. I just don't understand why he has his eye on me and how he acts whenever he sees me. The first time I went to his club I was paralyzed with fear at his cruelness. There must be a reason! I doubt Sunny would tell me.

"I just want my friend back. That's part of the reason I stuck to the fighting." He rubs the sides of his head.

"What's the the other part?" I cautiously say.

"Fighting has been integrated into my life that I just can't be without it. It helps calm me down...you know the rest." He lies down on his bed and relaxes.

"Is that it?" I yawn, tired. "What about what he said before he left? You got so pissed and..."

"You don't need to know anymore..." I catch him say before I doze off.

---------------

Authors note

First of all, I'm sorry for the late update. I've truly had a hectic past three weeks. thank goodness it's over for now.

It did not help that I had writers block. thus, it took me forever to think of anything good.

I hope this chapter wasn't too bad? let me know if it's bad confusing or good confusing!!!!!

Comment

Critique!!!

Vote :)