twenty-five

is it bad I already have lemma smut written out and in my notes

hi der guys as I type this it is 2am and aves fell asleep on me and guess what I'm a couple thousand reads away from 1million and I'm dying inside like what de fuck is happening

you guys responded positively towards me promoting my friend's story so I hope you're ok with me promoting another! my girl aves (username werkniallwerk) (make fun of her badly) writes a book called deep and it's really cute like heart-eye emoji (-: and if you're reading this comment "aves!!!!!" she's rly cute and sweet and my wcw

euheuheuheu

I can't think of a joke so I'll google one rn ok brb omg what do you call a guy with a rubber toe? roberto oh my god I feel like a six year old laughing way too hard right now rafiki take the wheel

»

Emma played with her fingers, ignoring the glare she was getting from her sister. Her mum had called them in for a family meeting and that never meant anything good. Last time they had a family meeting, she told them their father had passed.

Robin sat on the couch next to Nicole, while Em sat cross legged on the love seat. "Okay, girls, I'm gonna' cut to the chase," their mum began, "you two are too old to not have a job, and Nicole for you to still be living here. Em, I understand school just ended and you're not going to college, but Nic, get out."

Nicole was taken aback by her mother's sass, crossing her arms over her chest. "I have a job," she defended.

"Babysitting for the Roberts' once a week doesn't count," Ms. King snapped. "Get a real job, get off your arse, and let me live on in my leisurely way."

After their brother died, the life insurance company had given them enough money to last them a while, and then when Mr. King passed as well, they'd gotten double that. Robin felt she didn't need her full-time job anymore, so she took the occasional late night shift at the gas station around the corner, which brought in a bit extra money as well. Not to mention that Ms. King had tons of inheritance money from her diseased grandparents.

She looked at her daughters. "I'll make a deal with both of you," she started, and smacked a magazine out of Nicole's hands. "Pay attention, this is serious. If you get a well paying job within the next month, I'll help you find a cheap flat and will help you pay for your first five months of living there. That goes for both of you."

Emma's eyes widened. "No freakin' way," she exclaimed, jumping out of her seat and running over to her mum, throwing her arms around her. "Thank you! I'll go look for one now."

She ran off before her mother could say the 'but if you don't . . .' part of the deal, rushing to her room and jumping on her bed. Em checked her phone to find a text from Luke asking if she wanted to go to the aquarium with him. She laughed, what a random date idea. But nonetheless, she replied a quick yes and pulled out her laptop, searching local places that were hiring.

There weren't many good choices. For example, she typed in her age and experience, and the only thing available was working at a local pizza place called Made in Italy, which paid alright. It was only part-time, so that was good. She just didn't know how her mum'd react to her choosing, of all places, a pizza parlor. But money was money, and it wasn't like it was a super cheesy (no pun intended) venue. So she grabbed her car keys and looked in the mirror, deciding she looked decent enough to pick up an application.

Downstairs, Nicole was rolling her eyes at something their mum was saying. "I'm going job hunting, peace," Emma declared and kissed her mum's cheek, not sparing her sister a single glance. Not that she wanted one.

"Wow, okay," Robin laughed.

She drove to the parlor with her iPhone hooked up to the stereo, blasting Flatline. It was her luck when there was a free space at the front of the lot and she stepped out, fixing her jacket and shorts. She hoped she looked at least presentable for a first impression. As Emma opened the door, she was immediately smacked in the face with the strong smell of burnt cheese and grease and she was already in love.

A smiley man with a goatee smiled at her, yelling some sort of greeting. She approached the front counter and smiled at the man. The kitchen was full and busy and bustling and everyone laughed together as they made the pizzas. Em peeked further to see people running about and jokingly teasing someone who'd slipped on the wet floor.

"Hi, there. Welcome to Made in Italy," the bored looking teenage girl at the register said in a monotone voice. "What can I do you for?"

Em laughed, picking at her jean jacket. "Do you have an application I can fill out? Are you still hiring?" she asked, and the girl nodded, jumping off the chair. As she turned around, Emma saw the tips of her hair were dip-dyed red. The girl went to a small podium with menus on it and grabbed a packet.

As she left the restaurant, she let her mind wander towards what living alone might be like. She'd have all the freedom and privacy she could ask for. No parents, no chores, pizza every day. It seemed like a legit arrangement.

Then she thought of Luke. They could kiss all they wanted, anywhere they wanted, without her mum cockblocking. But she frowned when she thought of what would happen when Luke'd get bored of just kissing. That was the struggle of being a virgin with a slutty boyfriend. It sent chills down her spine when she thought of when he told her he had two girls at once. She couldn't possibly live up to his sexually frustrated expectations.

When she got home, she picked out her outfit, literally the most boring thing ever. It was raining again. Luke said he'd be there in ten, which didn't leave her with much time. So she got dressed quickly, sliding on her Converse just as there was a knock on the door. Em heard the door open and her mum greeting him.

She threw on a jacket before stuffing her phone and money into her pocket, skipping down the stairs carefully. Luke was smiling with her mum, feeling more comfortable with the friendly woman. "Speak of the devil," Robin grinned evilly, a smirk sliding onto her face. Luke smirked as well, but not for the same reason. "Where're you headed?"

"The aquarium," Luke replied, grinning from ear to ear at Em, the blue in his eyes swirling, his cheeks glowing. "Ready to go?"

She nodded and smiled, hopping next to him and kissing her mum on the cheek goodbye, feeling Luke take her hand in his. Ms. King shook her head as the pair left the house, heading to Luke's car. Emma licked her lips, climbing in, and waiting for him to do the same.

As soon as he got in he leaned over and kissed her lips. She was taken aback but eased into it soon after. Luke pulled away and grinned slyly at her. "You're wearing my jacket," he pointed out, his eyes moving down to the dress of a jacket she was wearing over the grey tank top and blue jeans.

"I am not," she defended.

He smirked, laughing slightly. "You are," he replied, picking at the black material in her body. She blushed, not realizing she'd picked this jacket of all of them. Luke giggled, something he'd find himself doing around Emma only, and leaned closer to look at her, but she avoided his gaze. He stuck out his tongue and moved closer and closer until he licked her cheek.

"Ew!" she cried, slapping him away. "I don't want your tongue on me, you eggplant!" Em used his sleeve to wipe off his spit.

Luke huffed smugly. "That's not what you were saying in your room the other night," he muttered, looking at her in the corner of his eye, to find her looking at him in horror. "I mean, you'll probably never say that again, yeah?"

She groaned. "I hate you."

He just laughed and kissed her again.