| THIRTYTHREE: A LOCKET AND A GIRL

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

A LOCKET AND A GIRL

Morning rose and the two friends went outside to greet Lee, who was in the kitchen with a bright smile on his face as he cooked pancakes. It was almost like there wasn't a war looming with that smile, the cheer, and how normal it felt. Conversation was heard as they listened to the wizard radio to see what was happening and read the Prophet.

It was almost normal. Just two friends staying over with their other friend and having a relaxing weekend. They drank tea and coffee (Corey always preferred that) and listened to music as time night came around and Lee started another broadcast of Potterwatch. Amandla and Corey sat in for it and added some of their input, even though it probably wasn't the safest thing, before heading to bed.

It was almost normal. Except it wasn't.

There was still a war and they were still hiding out at Lee Jordan's place and they barely knew the guy. It wasn't a relaxing weekend because as soon as Corey shut the door and sat down on the bed he let out a large sigh and turned to his friend, "So where can we find this 'Waverly Hart'?"

Amandla rolled her eyes, "I told you – she exists. And I have an idea, I'm hoping she still lives there. It would be kinda sad if she didn't."

"Yeah, but what are we gonna do if she doesn't live there? If she left or doesn't wanna see us? Come on, Amandla, we gotta think about it," Corey urged.

"Look, I get it. But she had to have been a good from my Uncle Aiden's if he wrote about her and even mum remembered her name. I don't think she'll turn us away," Amandla shook her head, trying not to think about how this woman might not want to see her and Corey.

"Yes, she sounds nice, but it's been years. You said that he died and Waverly told your mother, but she's probably moved on with her life. Has a husband or something and kids. I highly doubt she wants to be wrapped up in hiding two fugitives in her house," Corey pointed out, "So where would we go?"

"France? Germany?" Amandla sighed then and looked away from him, "I don't know, I'm just hoping she'll let us stay a few days. Nothing serious."

"And what if someone sees us? What if tells Death Eaters where we are?"

"She won't! I know she won't!"

"How do you know that, you've never met her. All you know is that Aiden knew her and she briefly talked to your mum. That's practically nothing."

"I don't want to fight with you," Amandla softly said, "Just – just trust me with this. We can leave tomorrow, and if it doesn't work, come back here."

Corey shook his head, "You know Lee won't let that. He already told us earlier we can only stay a few days."

"This is only our second day, I doubt he'll kick us out if we come back for two more after this," Amandla pursed her lips, a look of determination in her eyes.