Crush | Dustin Henderson

There may be some season two spoilers, so please only read if you've watched season two.

"Let's play truth or dare," Max suggested. Everyone but Mike agreed. However, after a couple of minutes he joined the party as well.

"I'm only doing this because I'm bored," he mumbled. Lucas shook his head, but laughed nonetheless. Everyone sat in a circle. It was Max, Lucas, Will, Dustin, Eleven, then Mike.

"Okay, so who's first?" Max asked. She looked around the room then her eyes landed on Mike.

"Mike, truth or dare?" She asked. Mike looked around nervously before declaring that she ask him a question rather than dare him to do anything.

"Why do you hate me so much?" She asked. Everyone looked at him and waited for his answer.

"I don't hate you," Mike said without looking at her.

"Well, then why--"

"You asked your question and I answered. Let's move on," Mike told her. Max opened her mouth as to say something, but closed it again. Lucas glared at Mike, and whispered something to Max that made her laugh.

"Hmm, Lucas! Truth or Dare?" Mike asked.

Worried that Mike would ask him what he told Max he answered "Dare."

"I dare you to give me one of your X-Men comic books," Mike said.

"What!? No way! That's not how the game works," he said. Mike huffed and asked of him something different.

The game continued for a couple of minutes before finally it was Will's turn to ask Dustin something.

Dustin smiled and asked for a truth.

"Who do you like?" Will asked Dustin, but Will already knew, it's obvious, he just wanted Dustin to say it out loud.

"Who do I like? Well, I-" He was cut off by you walking down the stairs. You stopped on the last step and looked at them.

"Mike, I don't know if you're choosing to ignore us or something, but we've been calling you! Dinner's ready. You all are invited," you said looking specifically at Dustin. He blushed once he realized you were staring at him.

Mike put the puzzle pieces together and shook his head fiercely.

"No! No way. Dustin, no! That's my little sister! There's a reason I don't let her hang out with us," Mike told him when you had left.

Dustin only smiled sheepishly as Lucas pushed Mike up the stairs. He kept trying to turn to look at Dustin.

"My sister!" He exclaimed as he made it to the top. Max and Will laughed at how protective Mike was of you.

"Love," Eleven said to Dustin. Dustin waited for Eleven to walk up the stairs with him.

"Whoa whoa whoa, El. I-I don't love her! I just have a small crush on her. It'll go away, maybe," he stuttered. El smiled at him.

"You love her," she replied simply before passing Dustin and leaving him to think.

Special thanks to @fanficlover23 for this idea!