Goodbye.

(Silver's P.O.V.)

As Fury walks into the room James moves to stand in front of me. To protect me. Even though I know a lot about his man I rarely spoke to him while I worked for him as an assistant for a few months.

"You know Miss. Rice, it's not very polite to lie."
"I needed to lie in order to collect information. So that's what I did."
"But here's the thing, I trusted you as my employee. My assistant who had access to almost everything. Now why did you lie?"
"Would you have really just allowed me to work with you if you really knew who I was?"
"Well, judging by the file you have on yourself you wouldn't even work with yourself."
"Exactly."
"Mister Barnes."
"Yes sir?"
"Move, I want to speak with her."
"You are sir."
"Face to face."

James refuses to move, sighing I step around him and lean my back into his chest. "Here I am. So say what you need to, cause I don't stay put for long."
"Remind me to put a tracker on you."
"You'd be smarter to put one on yourself."
His eyebrow raises "And why's that?"
"I'm always watching."
"Of course you are. What did I do this morning then?"
"You ate your breakfast. A bagel with strawberry cream cheese and coffee. Then you went to work where you got an alert. I assumed that it was a threat, so I elected to ignore it. That was a alert saying that someone found your team. Am I right?"
"Very good."
"But, why may I ask did you move my file?"
"To persuade you."
"Well before you ask me anything; I'm not working for you again."
"Not for. With."
"Still no."
"And why is that?"
"Well I know how you run things. It can be either hectic or horrible. There's very few other people who can deal with you. I worked for you for a year, and you didn't even run a background check on me."

After a few moments of awkward silence we can hear the trap door being opened and Steve and Sam emerge from the hallway. "Steve man. I think I'm seeing things."
"And whys that?"
"I feel like I'm looking at Fury and Jess have a glare off."
"Really Sam?"
"Something had to be said."
"Yah whatever."

They walk around behind Thor, Natalia, James and I.
"So what? My team is picking a murderer and terrorist over their leader?"
"Murderer yes. Terrorist no. Come on Nic get you facts right."
"Miss. Rice may I ask why my team is standing behind you and not me?"
"I don't know what's going through their minds. That's a question to as Scarlett."
"Scarlett?"
"You all call her Wanda."
"Ah. Rogers call a team meeting."
"What about Laura and the kids?"
"They got sent home early."
With venom dripping from my words I step away from Winter and towards Fury "what did you do?"
"I'm making sure that they don't get hurt. I sent Clint with them, and we have technicians coming in to fix the jet."
"What do you mean by we?"
By now it's just me and Fury speaking. Everyone else is to busy watching my hands and arms start to glow
"When Laura phoned me I tracked the call. I got hold of someone you might have known.  Dr. Erik."

Fury says his name and my hands blaze to life, "if you have brought that man here, I will kill him and you. And I won't fail."
"So you do remember him."
"Of course she does Nic. She wasn't wiped like Winter over here was."
Fury's eyebrows shoot up, "it that so Natasha?"
"What she is saying is true Fury. Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be."
"And where is that?"
"Anywhere that you aren't."

Climbing the ladder I slam the door shut and run to the computer room. Once there I lock the door behind me with the electric lock and the bolt. Making sure no one can get in, not even James.

Copying the drives onto USB sticks and then wiping them for all but one computer (I leave the computer I use for YouTube.) I turn on my web cam and start recording.

"Hey guys. By the time that you notice that I've left I will be in a different country. Your jet was fixed a few days ago, but I was waiting to tell you until Laura left.
-Tony don't forget to check the wires of the other jets to make sure that they aren't exposed or frayed.
-Banner and Falcon, in the top left drawer of my desk here there is a file for your eyes only. I would like you to assess what is in it and if you deem it fit, tell your team.
-Wanda, I may not have spoken to you very often but you are an amazing person, thank you for not trying to get into my head after we went shopping. It's better for your health that way.
-Thor, I must say that the name you have given me is different then what anyone else has ever called me. It made me feel new, like I hadn't done anything wrong.
-Natalia. You are my best friend. You kept me sane while in Red Room together. I know you don't remember me, but that's because they called me Hannah while I was there.
-Rogers. Keep your team together. Don't let anyone look for me, because as of now, I am a ghost, and I will not be found again. Thank you for being my friend. If we had met in a different circumstance we might have been able to connect. I'm sorry for this.
-James, I love you. Your my brother, how could I not love you? You kept me alive, you kept me happy. You kept me here for this long, and now I am leaving you for a third time. For a last time."
Looking down I shut my eyes and allow a tear to slide partway down my face before looking back at the camera "James, listen to me. Do not cover your ears and do not leave the room. This is for your own good. Natalia before I continue take the sticky note from the back of my monitor. Steve, Thor hold Winter down until I'm finished please." Waiting a moment before I open my mouth again I start saying words I never wanted too
"Pech'.
zarya.
Semnadtsat'
dobrosovestnykh..."
I say the twelve words that make James The Winter Soldier, I drop to Russian and give him his orders. "солдат?" Soldier?
This is where he should say something along he lines of "да?"yes?
"Вы не должны пытаться найти Серебряную Смерть. Если вы это сделаете, будут последствия." You are not to try and find Silver Death. If you do there will be consequences.

"Natalia, go ahead please."
And this point she should look say the single word written on it. 'Sputnik' a word that will make The Winter Soldier fall unconscious. For a few minutes.

"Now, for everyone else. Don't look for me, I am a ghost as of now. You will not find me," as I say this I change my hair to blonde and my eyes to blue "because I will look nothing like Jessica."

Reaching forward I turn off the camera, and make sure my eyes aren't red in the black screen. Unplugging the drives from the computers I pocket them and leave the computer room, going back to the gym.

When I make it back into the file room no one is there, so I take the files that have me in them and take the pages or whole sections out. Basically deleting myself from existence. But I leave myself one file, Winter Barnes. The file I made Winter while we were still in HYDRA's custody.

Writing a note that only he would understand I put the file back and shred the pages I have removed. Stuffing the shredded documents in a bag I take them out into the main part off the shop to burn them.

After burning them I push the ashes into the real drainage grate and mix them with a bucket of water.

Now it's time to lie to my new family.

I go to the house and grab my duffle bag, while the others are in the basement with Fury discussing why they decided not to come back or contact immediately after crashing and repairing the jet.

Stuffing my bag with clothes, toiletries, money, small keepsakes that I take with me no matter what, and a few things of James's that smell like him I take my bag out to my truck. Taking a second bag back out to the armoury I grab some fake documents saying that I am going to a weapons show and all the guns, knives and my swords have special permits, I slide them into sheaths, covers or just put them in the bag.

Taking them back up to my truck I put them in the box with the other duffle bag. Going inside and grabbing my phone, charger, earbuds, aux cord, speaker with its charger, adapters, passports, and a small pocket knife I put them in a purse that contains my wallet and put it in the truck.

Going inside for the last time I go downstairs "um sorry to interrupt but Clint wants to face time. So can we all go down the shed?"

A few of them nodded and a few responded with actual words. Fury looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
"I'm going to grab a drink and then I'll meet you all out there. Natalia the face time is going to be directed to the music computer. Can you turn it on?"
"Yah, see you in a few."
"Yup."
Pouring my glass of milk slowly as I watch everyone walk across the yard I drink it and take a last glance around the house. I go downstairs quickly and slide a note into Steve's jacket one that directs them to Winters file and has the phone number of the safe house I am going to, saying to only use it for emergencies. Nodding to myself I go to the garage and start the vehicle after checking for tracking devices or bugs. I start to drive out of the yard and get a message from my computer saying that my recording had been activated. Letting tears fall I speed to the nearest highway heading to an airport that they wouldn't expect me to go to. One in a different province.

My phone is set to ding when the video is over. After about five minutes of driving it goes off and my grip tightens on the wheel and tears drop down my face. I send an message to the computer stating
'this was a hard thing for me to do. I had pinky promised James that I would never use the word on him so I made someone else do it. The house is on a trust fund, so you can stay longer or leave. Whatever works for you. You can do what you like to the house if you are staying and do what you want with the files either way. Good luck, and remember I am watching, making sure you all are safe. James will wake up soon, but will not be happy. Goodbye.'

Setting my phone down I continue to Regina Airport a four hour drive away.

Good luck Avengers. I'll keep tabs.

1967

(This is not the end of the book, but a good spot to ditch the story if you no longer like it and are just reading out of boredom. See y'all soon.)