t e n

"Dressy or casual?" Kasey asked herself out loud as she stood in the middle of her closet. 

"Casual," Jensen said behind her with his arms folded. "It's just a cookout."

"Right." She agreed as she pulled out a few options off the hanger before heading to the bathroom to change. Jared was hosting a barbeque with the cast, and it was finally Kasey's chance to get to know the rest of Jensen's friends. She wanted to make a good first impression. 

"We're gonna be late," Jensen said as she approached an hour of getting ready.

"Fine, fine," Kasey said as she opened the door and slid on her shoes.

"You look great." He said as he grabbed his things.

"Hey, you can't rush perfection." She teased.

Jared's house was surprisingly closer than Kasey thought. She awed at his house as they pulled into the drive and walked up to the front door. Jensen knocked as he held Kasey's hand. Soon, Jared's wife pulled the door open. 

"Hi! It's so good to finally meet you. I'm Gen." She said bringing Kasey into a small hug.

"Hi. I'm Kasey." Kasey replied back eagerly.

"Please, come in." She waved them in and they gladly followed in behind her.  Kasey had made a small dessert, not wanting to show up empty-handed. She looked around at all the food and placed her dish with the other treats. "You didn't have to bring anything, girly," Gen said as she stirred something on the stove. "Jensen, the rest of the guys are out back having a beer if you want to join." Gen pointed.

"Yes ma'am." He said as he walked gave Kasey a small smile and headed towards the back door. 

You were glad she was so welcoming and friendly. It made it easier to feel like you fit in. You both made your way outside to a small table under the shade. She poured both of you a glass of wine.

"So what do you do for work?" She asked curiously.

"I'm a freelance writer and editor for my own website," Kasey said as she sipped the wine Gen poured for her. 

"That sounds cool." She nodded. "I'm pretty much a stay-at-home mom of two boys." She chuckled. "I have a blog and just try to encourage people through my platforms." She continued.

"That's amazing." Kasey agreed. They both chatted back and forth about life and the boys. Gen encouraged her that Jensen was truly a good guy and that he was lucky to have found someone like Kasey. 

"Help me carry these outside?" Gen asked as she picked up platters of food. 

"Of course," Kasey said eagerly, wanting to help however she could. Gen strategically opened the door with her elbow and walked over to a table to set the dishes. Kasey looked around at all the people that she had only ever seen through the screen of her tv.

"Thanks," Gen said with a smile as she began setting up the table. "Make yourself a plate,"

"Thank you," Kasey said thankfully before adding a few things to her plate and taking a seat under a covered patio. Jensen spotted her and soon made himself a plate to join her. 

"Having a good time?" Jensen asked curiously. 

"Yes," She replied between bites. "I really think me and Gen could be good friends,"

"I'm glad," He said with a big smile. "Ready to meet all the guys?" He asked as he pointed behind him to the other cast members. 

"Oh boy," Kasey sighed before chuckling. "As ready as I'll ever be,"