Doctor's Daughter ?!

Chapter 7- Doctor’s daughter!?

    He breathed a sigh of relief when the dish is finally cooked. He got out of the kitchen to call for Seikina but she was sleeping soundly on the couch in front of the television. His heart softened whenever he sees her. He knew, there’s a secret of her which she won’t tell anyone. He knew, being friends with her is a mistake.

    He knew, but he couldn’t help it but get closer to her. It’s as if there’s a huge magnet connecting them together. He couldn’t surpass it. Though he knew something bad is going to happen between them. No, something saddening. Something that can break him into 18 million pieces.

    “Kina ,” he touched her arm. “Wake up lunch is ready .”

    She didn’t budge. He stared at her. She’s breathing but very, very slowly. Then she winced, her hand clenched the blanket, she frowned. “Kina ?” Akashi shook her body.

    “Ugh !” Seikina woke up with a cough. Akashi patted her arm gently. She gripped Akashi’s hand tightly, gasping for breath.

    “Hey, hey, relax! Stop panicking !” he tried to calm her down.

    She tried to breathe properly. “I-I’m sorry !”

    “Nightmare ?” he asked. She nodded weakly. He helped her sat up. “Eat your lunch, medicine then rest more .” he said. Seikina didn’t reply, she just stared into nothing.

    This unfamiliar pain in her chest. Not literally pain. It’s an unusual feeling. Love? NO! “I can’t do this anymore !” she thought to herself.

    Akashi placed a bowl of miso soup in front of her. “Eat this. Slowly, okay ?”

    She hesitated. “No, I—“ her voice trailed off. “No, I can’t do this, I—go home, Akashi .”

    He stared at her. “What’s wrong with you ?”

    “.... It’s –“

    “Nee-chan ?” Yukina peeped down from upstairs. They looked up. Yukina came down, running then hugged her sister. “Why aren’t you eating, nee-chan? Let’s eat together then .” she said. Seikina bit her lower lip.

    “Yeah, let’s .” she nodded and they ate silently.

/(Q.Q)\

    I woke up the next day, feeling much much better than before but he was already gone back home. Yukina is already at school. And now, me too, in the library. Did I hurt him? Did I hurt him with my words?

    I should say sorry. I don’t want him to go, truth be told. I want him to stay. This unfamiliar magnetic force is making me sick, making me sick whenever he’s not around. Making myself crazy when I’m with him.

    Is this what they call love? No, I have to stop this. Just please.

    “Hellooooo !!”

    I looked up, snapped out of the daydream and there stood a beautiful girl with a smile on her face. Her hair is the colour of the sky. Sky blue. Her eyes, ocean blue. Her fair skin and the hair that reached her neck was tied up into a single ponytail behind. The fringe on both side of her face reached her chin.

    “Hellooooo !!” she waved her hand in front of me.

    “Oh !” I spoke. “Oh, oh – what ?” confused.

    She sighed softly. “I was ‘helloooo’-ing for around forty times already! What’s wrong? In love ?”

    “What ?” I frowned. “What—no , I mean, welcome to the library of Rakuzan .”