14. Stacey wants him back

She wanted him back. Even after all the things that happened, she wanted him back. No, not because she loved him, it was never because of that. It was all for that one girl who ruined her life. It was all for one girl who always was in the spotlight. It was all for the girl who snatched everything from her.

It was all for Faye Lockwood.

-The Golden Girl

************************************

"She looks like a nerd."

"A hot nerd."

"Is she friends with Kyle Francis?"

"I heard that she came with River Blake this morning."

"Look at those pair of glasses. She is definitely a nerd."

"I saw Kyle Francis accompanying her to gym class. He even walked her to literature."

"Does that mean she's friends with Faye Lockwood?"

"No way in hell. They both belong to different backgrounds, too different."

"She's River Blake's best friend."

"Bad boy and the nerd. Aw, isn't that cute?"

"How can they be related? It's impossible."

"I heard that she is from California."

"Did you all already forget? She is Stacey Sky, Faye Lockwood's ex best friend."

"The one who left this place two years ago."

"The one who slept with Faye's boyfriend?"

"Yes, the one who had a fling with every boy Faye was in a relationship with."

"Whatever. If she is related to the popular squad, she's bad news."

And whispers started.

Comments were thrown here and there.

Each and every eye was on the new girl, on the girl who confidently walked towards the table where Faye along with others sat.

Faye didn't hear a thing though. She had blocked herself from the world. Everything was in a blur for her. Her eyes glared at the entrance from where Stacey Sky was coming.

Her mind whirled to each and every memory, and a single line revolved in front of her eyes.

Stacey is back.

Her ruin was here.

The one who ruined her entire world was here.

Her eyes momentarily found River's and for the first time something apart from fear flashed in her mind. 

Agony.

Anger.

River's eyes narrowed by a fraction as he saw her. She was shaking, anger was evaporating through her veins.