Oh My Dear God.

Dedicated to my pet dog Dora.

As the god of the Underworld leaves, the room falls silent except for the erratic beats of my confused heart.

I got up but slumped back again. Am too hungry to move and where did Hades dissappear to?

I slap my cheeks as if that would knock some sense into me, but nothing helps.

And so with the intense determination to get him off my mind, I stretchthe sleep off my limbs and set my course with only one person in mind.

The magic of the castle did not falter and I found the blue eyed boy I was looking for.

Regrettably I noticed he was busy with him and a dozen guards in converse of something that looked rather important.

Not wanting to disturb the others I did not approach and waited till the rest began to discuss some proposition Will suggests.

Putting this chance to use, I frantically wave from a distance. When the deep blue orbs take notice, his expression relaxes to a soft smile.

At the same time, observing their leader's sudden change in attitude a few guards turn my way and as recognition flash through their eyes they turn away.

I smile back with double the energy but frowns when he mouths "Chicken. " and I immediately stop waving.

There was no time to be mad at him for I remembered by goal.

He quickly catches on and shakes his head side to side pityingly. On seeing me scowl he chuckles bringing his hand up to tap the side of his head.

" I am not stupid. " I mouth huffing in mock anger, but he facepalm making the guard next to him snicker and I realize that I got it wrong.

Ohh. He meant think about food. I give him a thumbs up letting him know that I understand and immediately leave with an abrupt goodbye.

With food on my mind I find myself in the ground floor walking up face to face with Olivia and boy were we happy to see each other.

We chatted for an hour of two as I slowly ate through three plum puddings prepared on demand. The palace gossips always had a interesting story line, but one particular info held me on pin points.

Apparently before Greene left he had gotten into a vicious argument with William which had at the same time blown over in a matter of seconds.  And while things were back to how they were between the two, Greene had requested Olivia who served him lunch once to pass on a message.

"I am sorry for leaving without a goodbye. And thank you bunny."       Which unsurprisingly was meant for me.

I was no longer in the mood for another round of desserts and thanked the heavenly cooks of the Underworld and left bidding goodbye to the fiery redhead.

I sought out Will but found myself lead out and I realised that the ancient magic only worked within the palace walls.

Will must have headed out to mortal realm or Olympus and so I gave up on mission "William extermination".

To prevent my brain from rerouting to a certain event, I decided to pass my time by the river.

It was as I proceeded to the newly built dock that my eyes fell upon a black object on the other side of the mighty river.

I walked towards the edges to get a better look. To my surprise it was actually a person  who lay snuggled against the ankle length grass covered head to toe in black.

Even his face was covered in a flimsy black cloth and by the lack of movement one could mistake him or her for a dead body deserted in the wild to decay.

But I knew however that this person was indeed dead or something inhumane. For if he was living like me he or she would have been taken to Hades or ended up in a cell and the possibility of being a palce worker was less likely.

What if its a demon? My mind nonchalantly asks.

And am instantly thrown into confusion.  Should I report to the guards or should I simply scream.

Running was best option, but truth be said if this really was the decision the protagonist took there wouldn't be any horror movies to watch.

"Hello." I greeted and waited for any signs of movement.

" Are you sleeping?" I ask louder but get no response.

And thus I change strategy and with careful precision collect a dozen of stone that were neither too small nor too big.

The first throw was as certain fail, the stone embarrassingly not even in tge right direction much less crosd the river.

I have always credited myself for being sporty but throwing stones weren't in my field of expertise.

After a row of epic failures I lose my patience and retort to throwing with both hands.

I looked like a lunatic imitating a chicken, I could tell. But even this did not work.

It was when one reached awfully close to the other bank that I was fired up again.

I will surely defeat you, you evil double-world flowing river.

Backing up a a few steps  I run forward to throw like how the players do in cricket matches but to my luck the angle was off the stone plunged into the waters just five feet away from were I stood.

In frustration I throw the last in no particular direction and the following groan of irritation sartle me for the heavens seemed to have taken pity and the smooth stone landed on the black clad figure.

Following the groan was a string of words I believed were in greek and were very unlikely words of praise for the person who disrupted their sleep. On instincts I lay flat on the ground hiding my presence and peer through the grass.

It was as the persom sits up that I realize that it was a 'he'.

Ruffleing his ebony locks he is ignorant of his surroundings and the pair of eyes that seek him in curiosity. And finally the cloth covering his face falls revealing strikingly pale skin devoid of warmth of blood.

Graceful and elegant he raises himself to stand facing away to dust and straighten his dark tunic.

Realizing that my situation was hard to explain if caught, I decide to make my appearance.

And as I stand up a little less gracefully he abruptly turns to me.

The greeting was shriveled on my tongue and my mouth remained half open in bewilderment and confusion with eyes threatening to leave their sockets.

Before me stood my first and only crush, gazing at me with mirroring shock.

Oh my God!!

Hello guys. Tell me know what you feel like about the chapter in the comments and do click Vote. Have an awesome day😍😊😀😘😝

Who do you think the new character is?