ii. a new hope

wendy carmichael was eating at dinner with her family.

"how was your day, girls?" lori carmichael, the matriarch of the family, questioned.
"it was good! i got an a on my test, and i was invited to go trick or treating with some girls from my class." susie stated.

lori and richard carmichael looked to their eldest daughter.
"winifred? how was your day?" richard asked.
wendy hated her full name with a passion.

"i met this jerk from school today. his name is billy." she shrugged.

the doorbell sounded, causing wendy's eyes to light up.
"it's steve. i'll get it!" wendy said, excusing herself from dinner.

wendy walked to the front door, opening it.
steve harrington stood at her doorstep.
"you said that you needed me?" he questioned. wendy nodded, grabbing his hand.

the two teenagers went upstairs to wendy's bedroom.
"okay, sit there. i have to show you my halloween costume!" wendy smiled as steve sat on her bed.

"do i have to close my eyes?" steve asked.
"unless you want to see me getting dressed, yes." wendy said.
steve raised an eyebrow, but closed his eyes.

wendy changed into her halloween costume. she pulled the white dress onto her body, and fastened the belt around her waist.
"okay...open your eyes! i didn't do my hair, but i think you get the concept." wendy smiled as steve reacted to her costume.

he laughed, smiling at his best friend.
"i think you're definitely going to win best costume, wendy." steve said through his laughs.

"let's hope so." wendy winked, making a pun based on her costume.

|||

"just ask them if you can go trick or treating with them. it's better than going with those stuck up girls in your class." wendy looked at her sister.

"what if they say no, wendy? i don't think mike likes me anyways." susie frowned, looking up at wendy.

the two stood in the parking lot. susie had confessed to wendy that she really didn't want to go trick or treating with the girls that had invited her.

"well, dustin likes you, right?" wendy questioned.
"i guess so." susie shrugged.

"so ask him! and i'm sure will and lucas like you!" wendy encouraged. she hated to see her little sister get so bummed out over halloween plans.
susie looked back towards her school, seeing kids going in.

"i have to go, wendy. i'll see you after school!" susie sighed, giving her sister a hug before running off.

"bye susie!" wendy waved.

the high schooler turned around, and began walking towards her school. wendy's feet carried her across the parking lot.

before her brain could comprehend it, she heard the sound of tire screeches behind her.
wendy turned around, her hazel eyes landing upon the blue sports car that had nearly hit her.

"get out of the road!" billy hargrove yelled at the girl. wendy scowled as she flipped him off.

as she walked into the school, she contemplated on what had just happened.

"that fucker almost hit me." she whispered to herself.