13; Heroes Wear Quivers, Not Capes

Heterodox

adjective | het - uh - ruh - dahks | meaning - contrary to or different from an acknowledged standard, a traditional form, or an established religion

13 ; Heroes Wear Quivers, Not Capes

Allison Argent knew she wasn't supposed to be caught at Scott McCall's house. She definitely wasn't supposed to be caught in Scott's house while attempting to fight off a pack of werewolves with her friends. Unfortunately, that was the situation she was in. 

In her hands, her phone buzzed. She looked down quickly, hoping it was Scott to tell her he was on his way and she didn't have to face Derek Hale and his pack of misfits without him, but instead Miles' name flashed across her phone. For the fourth time that hour, she declined the call hastily. He had to know something was going on, he wouldn't keep calling her if he didn't, but Allison couldn't think of a good lie to try to convince him that everything was fine so she instead decided that that problem was going to have to wait. 

Allison bit her lip nervously. It seemed like every problem she could ever even consider was suddenly coming to light. Her family was so close to discovering she hadn't ended her relationship with Scott, everyone seemed to want to kill her best friend, and she honestly didn't know who she was supposed to trust. 

Hastily, Allison pulled back the drawn curtains to assess the situation for the umpteenth time. Just as she expected, Derek and the others were still standing outside. She wondered what they were waiting for, and she prayed that they continued to wait until after Scott arrived. With just herself, Stiles, Jackson, and Lydia inside, Allison doubted that she would be able to compete with the four werewolves outside without Scott. Even with him, Allison didn't think  their chances of survival would be too spectacular. 

Once again, her phone started to buzz. Once again, it was Miles calling. 

Allison began to move her finger towards the decline button, but then she hesitated. Stiles, who had also been looking out the window, took notice to this. 

"What are you doing?" He questioned after he read the called ID. He knew little about Miles other then the fact that he was a very very scary hunter, and that didn't seem like an extra problem they needed at the moment. 

"I think-," Allison faltered, her voice cracking. "I think I need to tell him where I am." 

"But if he finds you here - I mean Allison you said he was upset when he found out about you and Scott- he will have  to tell your dad. You and Scott-" 

"I know," Allison assured him. Clearly trying to hold back tears, she looked out the window once more. "But what other choice do we have? They're not here to scare us, they're hear to kill Lydia. Miles-Miles could help us. He won't let them hurt Lydia, and that's what matters right now." 

"Five more minutes," Stiles urged. "Give Scott five more minutes." 

Allison looked over to Stiles, uncertainty glistening in her eyes. Wiping at her face with the sleeve of her sweater, she gave Stiles the tiniest of nods. Stiles let out a sigh of relief. 

Miles pushed off of his car, which he had been taking turns leaning against and pacing around. The school parking lot was nearly empty, which had made it the perfect spot for him to ponder things over. Looking down at his phone he reread Lydia's text to him. She'd been pulled in to do a last minute project with Scott, Allison, and Stiles.