Chapter 27 - Edited Once

Stella

(Edited Once)

It had been a few days since the mark and Julian had become more possessive and overprotective. It was nice having someone to care about you all the time and love you as much as you love them but, it was not that fun when a werewolf Alpha, who can kill anyone without blinking, gets overprotective. 

It is driving me nuts.

"Stella, where are you?" Speaking of my beloved mate, he yelled while running around the house with only blue jeans and no t-shirt. I was not complaining about that, I did not mind seeing his perfect body at all. I was complaining about the overprotective side of him.

I was in the bathroom, washing my hands from the dinner that we just had. I swear I told him that, but he thought being away for two minutes was a serious problem. "I'm in the bathroom, Julian, I'm coming," I replied as I dried my hands. I got out of the bathroom to come face to face with his muscular chest. I let out a small puff sound as we collided, and his arms instantly were around me.

He lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. "Are you hurt? I'm sorry," he asked, concerned.

"No, don't worry. I'm perfectly fine," I reassured then walked to the living room. He was right behind me.

"So, what do you want to do today?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know, though I have a question," I replied after I sat on the couch. He sat next to me and wrapped his hands around me, hugging me from the waist down. I fixed my position to be more comfortable and looked at him. "I know that you're soon-to-be Alpha," I started, and he nodded. "When is soon? Like, when are you going to become the Alpha of the Graymod pack?" 

He grinned, and I arched my eyebrows. "Valid question because the ceremony will be held in about a week. Stella, I need to tell you something though..." he said, suddenly looking uneasy. It made me nervous.

"Yeah?"

"When I become the alpha, we have to complete the mating process." I stared at him.

Excuse you?

It is not what I think it is... right?

"What's the mating process?" I asked, not wanting to actually know. I was scared.

He had a complex expression. "Well, um," his cheeks turned red. Heck, even his ears were red.

It's that bad?

"What?" I asked, encouraging him to continue.

"Um, it's something all mates do to be one. Then we will be like a married couple in the human perspective, or your perspective, Stella," he explained.

Like a married couple? Be one?

Oh shit, it is what I thought it is. 

"Oh," that was all that came from my mouth. My whole body felt like it was on fire. "We have to make love," I stated, and he nodded.

"If you don't want to do it, I completely understand," he commented. 

Here we go again.

"No, it's not like that. It's just..." I began, and he nudged my shoulder to continue. "It would be my first time, and I'm afraid of the fact that I might disappoint you, Julian." I lowered my head and stared at the now very interesting carpet.

He literally jumped from the couch and kneeled down in front of me. "That's your problem? That you might disappoint me? Stop joking around, Stella. You'd never disappoint me. On the contrary, I'm the one who's afraid of your rejection. After all, it would be my first time too," he admitted, and my eyes widened with surprise. 

Really?

"I would never reject you. I love you so much, you were the first one to give me shelter from my brother. You always help me when I need help. You're kind, too kind at times, and too overprotective at other times," I confidently said.

"I love you, Stella. So fucking much!" He embraced me as his life depended on it, and I was contented.

I hope that we can stay like this for a while.

And I spoke too soon because my phone rang. We parted from each other, and I grabbed my phone. " Hey, Skye," I greeted with a smile. Julian lifted me up and placed me on his lap, then he nuzzled his nose into my neck, where he marked me. It felt warm but thick. Like intimately thick.

"Hey Stella, are you ready for tomorrow?" she asked in a happy and joyful tone.

I arched my eyebrows at her sudden question. "Tomorrow?" I asked. 

Do we have something tomorrow?

"You can't be serious! Don't tell me you forgot," she hopefully said.

I sighed. "What do we have tomorrow, Skye? A lot happened in the past couple of months...Wait!" I remembered.

Oh shit.

How did I forget?

I face-palmed myself, then looked at Julian with horror. I was afraid of Skye's reaction. "What's wrong, love?" Julian asked. I shook my head and then got back to Skye.

"Please don't be mad... I forgot, okay?" I tried to reason, but she screamed, and Cody's voice was heard on the other end.

"Skye, are you okay?" he asked, and she said no. 

Of course, she's not okay. How can I forget such a thing? I'm an idiot.

"The graduation is tomorrow, and you forgot?" she screamed at me, and I had to remove the phone from my ear due to her loud voice.

Julian growled at the phone in anger, but I rubbed his cheek, and he calmed down instantly. "Yes, Skye. I forgot that we have our graduation tomorrow. Sue me!" I replied, trying to sound like the poor victim. It was not my fault. It was the werewolf world's fault.

I heard her loud and long sigh then she asked what made me more afraid of her reaction. "Do you have anything to wear other than the clothes that we bought for you?" A long pause. "Stella."

"No," I replied, and I swear I heard Cody's yelling for help. 

Was she killing him?

"Prepare yourself. We're going to the mall. I'll come and get you, and if Julian doesn't allow it, he will come. You hear me, JoJo?" Skye raised her voice at the last statement, and I chuckled at his nickname. It's cute.

He huffed. "Okay, I'll come. Get Cody, too," he said through the phone and ended the conversation. "Let's get ready."

"It's going to be a long day."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello again :)

I hope you liked this chapter ♛

Please vote and comment and share ♡