Rejection

Camille has decided to live a normal life, to stop dragging herself and everyone else into something she can't fix. The mystery of her three months disappearance will always be there. Questions and rumors, speculation that she can't clarify, not until she remembers.

A normal routine in Camille's life requires a lot of will power, especially when she'll have to face her peers. Camille's beauty is her biggest cursed in a town where there's always a competition to have more than others, to be better and have more to brag about. Girls can't forgive the fact that Camille is beautiful in her own way.

Although the evilness of some people can get to her sometimes, Camille has always been forced to keep her distance from most of the people in Primavera Town, to avoid the questions about her marks. Walking through the hallways of Bright Point High School, a place she's never willing to go near, not because of her, but for others.

"What is wrong with these people?" Ally comments trying her best to memorize her new scheduled.

Starting a new school year is the last thing Camille wants to do, not when her brain has other things to focus on. She sighs trying to ignore the emptiness she feels inside, a hole in her chest that seems to expand the more she tries to fake a smile.

"Isn't it obvious?" Paige answers her, rolling her eyes at a group of girls glaring directly at Camille.

"What?" Paige asks with a cutthroat tone, glaring back at the group of girls whispering about them.

Camille looks at the girls with the corner of her eye, forcing herself to keep the facade for the sake of her family, friends, and boyfriend. She has to fill her mind with courage and optimism. Even so, the sorrow to know something very important it's lost somewhere in the depths of her mind. Camille pushes through, after all, she's leaving her past as it is, and start from where she should be.

In her town, living a normal teenage life with the school drama, which is always a big part of acceptance. Though she thinks like this, Camille knows it won't be easy, especially when everywhere she goes, there are eyes looking at her curiosity and envy, voices whispering behind her back. Speculating and spreading rumors about her and her father's reasons to be in jail.

"Hey," her hero appear always at the right time. Throwing his hand over her shoulder Adam smile with confidence at the girl. She smiles back with a hint of shyness.

"Hey," she whispers silently.

"I hate these people..." Paige hisses ignoring the glares and focusing on her phone.

"You don't have to go through it," Camille tells her in a low voice, covering half of her face with her dark waves.

"They just think they know," Adam says patting Camille's head, his brown eyes glittering with energy and comfort.

This small gesture makes Camille feel secure and comfortable, but as much as Adam wants to protect her from her own, he can't do anything about the evil of other people. People like Kate Patrick, someone who can't let go of the fact that the popular and good-looking Adam Gardner won't even look her way because the only girl in his eyes is Camille.

Kate has been Camille's enemy since the day she decided to return Adam's feelings. A fact that has never been up to her since Adam has never considered seeing anyone differently. Now Kate's job is to spread rumors about Camille and her family a task that thanks to Steve has become easier to accomplish. Kate and her followers have more than enough information to spread the rumors they want. But the truth is, they don't know the real hell Camille has been through in closed doors.

"Welcome back, Camille!" Kate raises her voice over the loud conversations in the hallways. Immediately calling for everyone's attention. Camille freezes at the sound of her frivolous voice.

Her piercing eyes can't hide her annoyance with the girl. Kate smirks in a way to let her know, she's the source of all the distasteful stories about how she disappeared for three months. Although people believe Kate, Camille only needs Adam and her friends to have her back, to keep going like she never hears anything.

"Seriously, why is she so salty?" Paige asks glancing at the bouncy blonde.

"Why can she get over it?" she continues, rolling her eyes at Kate's hypocrite smile.

Kate is one of the popular beauties from school, but her cries for attention are something the rest have to endure. Thanks to her well-known methods of getting what she wants, like a real mean girl. Being the center of attention is something she lives for. Her short bouncy hair, her full lips that look full of fillers, something she won't admit but it's obvious. Her very well distributed body that attracts a lot of attention, which she loves. But not having the attention of Adam is something she can't get over.

"It's okay. She'll do, one day," Adam says, taking a sip of Camille's grape juice as the bell rings. Kate waves at Adam. He nods at her but keeps his arms around his girlfriend. This is something Camille values from Adam, the politeness he displays with everyone, even with Kate.

"I hope she does..." he smiles at Camille reassuring that he'll never betray her.

A thought that makes her wonder to herself, would she really care if he were to betray her with anyone? Although she's sure that he's not that type of guy, the reality is that she's not in a position to give happiness. With a three months gap between them, Camille wonders if she had taken longer, would Adam move on? Forget about her and maybe start something, maybe not with Kate but with someone else.

(I did not send you back to him!) a voice whispers in the distance of her mind, making her stop abruptly, a sharp pain attacks the back of her head. Her violet eyes widen with shock as heart stabs with regret and sadness. Griping on Adam's sweater, Camille gasps with surprised, like she has been hit violently, she trembles as a heavy sentiment of guiltiness take over her soul.

"What's wrong?" Adam's voice echoes in the background but a loud ring in her ears doesn't let her concentrate.

"Camille..." Ally tries. Camille stops for a moment, concentrating on her friend's voice. The wary expression in Ally's face reminds Camille of someone. A gentle friend she can't recall but she knows that exists.

To remember the voice in her mind, the image of a man standing in the distance of a beautiful canyon. A God-like man with a perfect profile, a straight nose, and well-defined jaw structure, silky hair that hangs over his ears, slightly touching his neck. Broad shoulders connected to a long vigorous back. Half turned to the side she can see the breathtaking eyes full of loneliness.

(I did not send you to him.) The voice emphasizes each word with such seriousness and confidence that sends chills through her spine. The royal blue of his eyes shudders her heart with desperation to remember. Why does he disturb her so much, why can't he just come and take her back?

"Why..." Camille whispers breathlessly.

"Camille?" Ally calls her out with the same wary tone as Adam.

But she's in a trance to figure out why is this man messing with her mind. Looking down the immense canyon with an infinite bed of tall trees, fresh air, lively birds. Still holding onto Adam, Camille gets a hold of her breathing, slowly regaining her senses. An enchanting albino wolf with long blinding wings stands beside the man.

"Camille, are you okay?" Adam whispers in her ear.

Finally, coming back to reality. Her violet eyes looking up to Adam's, the voice keeps echoing in the back of her mind, the empty whole forming in her chest feels cold and full of sorrow.

"Nothing, I'm fine." she lies to the three-troubled people looking at her and ignoring the curious ones that just want to add to her mysterious disappearance.

"I'm fine," she says one more time, but her chest lets her know that she's far from being well at all.