Locked in

I have no excuse for not updating. I am truly sorry though.
________________________
It was already Saturday and Josh and Maya had to head back to school the next day. Josh had tried to talk to Maya but Maya wouldn't have anything to do with him. While him and Shawn were working on the nursery Maya did everything she could to ignore him. When ever he would come out to get something she would make an excuse to go to the bathroom or that she had a phone call she had to make. She would not, under any circumstances, give Josh the time of day. Finally Josh gave up and stopped trying.

"Well it seems as if your brilliant plan didn't work." Shawn said smirking at his wife. Katy sighed as she looked at Maya who was sitting down on her phone.

"Alright well what's your brilliant plan?" Katy asked him making Shawn smirk.

"Watch and learn, babe. Your about to get a lesson from the master." Shawn said. Katy rolled her eyes. "Hey Maya can I talk to you for a second?" Shawn asked as he motioned for Maya to follow him. Maya got up and gave a questioning look to her mother who just shrugged and followed her.

"Just right in here." Shawn said as he motioned Maya to go first into the nursery. After she went in first Shawn immediately grabbed the door and closed it. Him and Josh had fixed the door knob on the outside but not in the inside meaning that Josh and Maya were now trapped in the nursery until either him or Katy opened it.

"Shawn! You did not just do that!" Maya yelled as she went up to the door and started banging on it. Josh looked up from building the crib and borrowed his eyebrows at the door.

"Shawn! This is your brilliant plan!" Katy yelled at him in disbelief. Shawn just smiled.

"Did he just lock us in?" Josh asked as he got up from the floor.

"Oh like you didn't have anything to do with this!" Maya snapped at him and Josh shook his head.

"I didn't know anything about this." He said as he went up to the door and slammed his hand on it. "Shawn open the door this isn't cool!" He yelled right beside Maya.

"Shawn we can't leave them in there!" Katy complained.

"Sure we can!" Shawn said smiling. "Like you said, their adults they'll figure out a way to deal with this on their own. We're just giving them a slight push." Shawn said smirking.

"Shawn!" Maya yelled.

"Let us out!" Followed Josh.

"Nope! Katy and I are going to dinner we'll be back in a few hours." Shawn said as he grabbed Katy's hand.

"SHAWN!!" They both yelled at the same time. Shawn flinched.

"Don't worry we'll bring you something back." He said before leading Katy out of the apartment.

"Please do not tell me they just left us." Maya said as she closed her eyes in a slight panic.

"Looks that way." Josh sighed before stepping away from the door and running a hand through his hair.

"So what are we going to do?" Maya asked looking at him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing." He stated as he sat back down by the crib.

"Nothing! Are you kidding me!" Maya told him with wide eyes.

"It's not like we can do anything! We're stuck in this room until they get back." Josh told her before he starting working on the crib again. Maya sighed before she started feeling around her pockets earning a weird look from Josh.

"Dang it! I left my phone on the couch. Do you have yours?" Maya asked him.

"I do but it's dead." Josh said making Maya groan. "You might as well make yourself comfortable because we aren't getting out of here anytime soon." He told her focusing on the crib. Maya sighed before she put her back to the wall an slowly went down it before she was sitting and pulling her knees to her chest.

A silence fell over them as Maya went into deep thinking and Josh kept tightening the bolts on the crib. They both knew they should say something but didn't for different reasons.

Josh didn't want to because he didn't know how to start out the conversation and Maya because she didn't want to talk to Josh period. After a while Josh put the wrench down and looked over at Maya.

"We should talk." He said as he rested his arm on his knee that was propped up. Maya glared at him.

"I don't think we should." She said. "In fact, I'm quite content with sitting here and waiting until they come back." Maya stated before folding her arms together and leaning her head back. Josh rolled his eyes before getting up off the floor and grabbing the paint brush.

"Whatever. Just trying to make the time go by faster." Josh mumbled making Maya roll her eyes.

A few minutes later Maya sighed before she got up and grabbed a paint brush of her own. She dipped it in paint and started painting right beside Josh.

"What are you doing?" He asked shocked. Maya rolled her eyes.

"I'm helping you." She answered. "Like you said, we're stuck in here so we might as well make the time go by faster." She said. Josh nodded.

"By helping instead of talking." He scoffed. Maya rolled her eyes and turned to him.

"Do you want the help or not?!" She asked/demanded. Josh looked around the room and noticed that he would never be able to get this place finished by himself. Slowly he nodded his head and turned back to painting his side of the wall. Maya nodded her as well before doing the same thing and not even giving him a second glance.

Josh looked over at Maya while she was painting. Even though she wasn't talking to him she was willingly helping. And he knew that was a start.
___________________________
Don't go away! More chapters coming up.