Chapter 31

Varun's POV:
Sitting down in my vanity van, reading her note while munching on the lunch she packed I continuously smiled to myself. If anyone saw me, they would think I'm crazy. I wonder what Shraddha and Kiara were doing, because she hasn't returned to my van.

"What are you thinking about Varun? American chicks?" Shraddha asks flopping down on the small bed that is in my van.

"You do know you will always be the answer when somebody asks me what I'm thinking about." I say staring at her through the mirror. "And please American chicks? We all know it's only you I will forever want so American chicks are out of the equation." I chuckle finishing the remainder of the lunch.

"How's the food?" She asks.

"Absolutely terrible." I tease and she rolls her eyes.

"Just tell me Varun!" She whines and I laugh.

"I like it, it's really good." I say closing her container and handing it to her. I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my hands. "Why'd you come here?" I asked.

"You didn't want me to?" She questions.

"No it's not like that. Obviously, I would love it if you came sometimes but I didn't expect you to be here to join me for lunch." I say.

"Well, I didn't plan to come here. But you forgot your phone and after that note you left I figured to bring you some lunch." She says standing up.

"Or you just didn't want to me to suffer from indigestion due to some random American chick's terrible cooking?" I asked while smirking.

"Oh shut up, just say you love pulling me leg." She rolls her eyes while I laugh.

"I told you, it makes my day!" I smile and she rolls her eyes.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go." She says grabbing her bag and the container she brought for me.

"Why? So soon?" I asked glancing at the clock.

"Well, I've been here for 3 hours waiting for you to come back and eat the lunch I lovingly made for you." She says and I nod.

"But you haven't spent time with me." I pout and she laughs.

"Aw is someone feeling sad because of that?" She smiles.

"Yes, very sad." I pout.

"Too bad. Suck it up!" She pats my cheek before she leaves. Rolling my eyes, I hesitate to let her leave but I do because she wants to take things slow. I don't want her to feel she should spend her entire time with me which is another reason why I don't call her back.

It isn't until past 10 when shoot concludes for us. I change off into my normal clothes before grabbing my essentials that is needed before leaving my vanity van. Getting into my car, I plug my phone in the charger since the battery died. Once my phone turns on, there are several missed call notifications from Shraddha.

Quickly unlocking my phone, I press on her contact and bring the phone by my ear.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" She huffs the second she picks up my call.

"I was busy with shoot and my phone battery died. I'm sorry!" I say.

"Visiting hours are over." She says and I immediately remembered promising her to visit the person who I supposedly put in the hospital.

"I'm so so sorry I didn't make it." I apologize.

"It's alright, I kind of figured you weren't going to make it back in time considering the time you ate lunch today." She says.