::Chapter 27::

::Chapter 27::

A week had passed since the incident at the Sheriff's station and it was that there was a growing tension between everybody

A week had passed since the incident at the Sheriff's station and it was that there was a growing tension between everybody. Matt was dead and Jackson was still acting off as he did when Matt was controlling him.

And news of Allison's mom dying passed.

When Emily heard, it didn't take her long to figure out the reason. The only way that a hunter usually takes their own life is because of that stupid code they have, that if they are bitten they have to kill themselves before they turn. It was obvious that Derek had bitten her.

It wasn't like she actually felt sorry for Victoria dying but she did feel just a teeny bit empathetic with Allison for losing her mother. But at the end of the day, it was the Argents code that actually killed her.

"I think you should wear this tonight."

Emily's gaze switched from the ceiling of her bedroom and looked at her best friend who was sifting through her closet in search of an outfit for Emily to wear. She sat up, eyeing the dress that Lydia was holding up and frowned.

"I'm not wearing a dress to the lacrosse game." She said in exasperation as Lydia gave her a pout before putting the dress back. "Why would I even wear a dress like that anyway?"

Lydia turned back to her and held up a light grey crew neck sweater and pulled out a pair of black jeans with rips in them. "Because of a certain stuttering boy who you obvious have feelings for." She smiled at the flash of panic that passed through the hazel eyed girl before it went away. "And don't try to deny it."

"I don't like Stiles." Emily snapped, grabbing the clothes out of the girls hands and walking over to her bed and setting their as she started to change. "I mean, why would I ever fall for him." She scoffed. "He's annoying and he asks way too many questions and so what if he wasn't scared when I told him I was a vampire." She huffed, slipping on her shirt. "And so what if he let me drink from him. Or..." She trailed, realizing she wasn't actually listing things about him that she disliked.

The strawberry blonde smiled wryly at her best friend. "Or?"

Emily saw the look on her best friends face and felt a pang of annoyance at her expression. She narrowed her eyes. "Shut up." She rolled her eyes. "So what if I like him? It's obviously not romantic feelings." She denied, heading towards the door and looked she was trying to hide the pout on her lips. "I need a drink." She mumbled, leaving the room.

Lydia could only do her best to hold back a laugh at the obvious redness that she had caught on Emily's cheeks. "She's so in denial." She muttered in amusement, she knew that it would be awhile before her best friend would be able to admit her feelings but until then she could only wait.

"I heard that!"

Lydia chuckled.

-

Stiles was sitting next to his best friend on the cold bench as they waited for the game to start. Scott glanced at his best friend who he hadn't spoken with in a while since there was so much tension since what happened at the Sheriff's station.