➶ PART ONE

ST. BLAIR'S BOARDING ACADEMY—built solely to advocate social superiority and dedicated to the richest of the richest. Creators of a shameless ranking system that divided individuals based on networth.

As holders of scholarships, it demonstrated inferiority. These were individuals who could only wish for wealth. Those who accumulated six figures and below were known as the Humilis, the lower-class. Then, there were individuals who reached seven figures and above, known as the Royals or the Elites. 

For Calista Lockhart, she strived for challenges and found amusement through them. Many would call her foolish for accepting an invitation from an academy such as this. It would be equivalent to a vulnerable antelope caged in with lions. "Your father is still unhappy about this decision,"

Her honey eyes filled with anticipation, skimming the outrageously tall buildings through the crisp evening as the wind tore past her disarrayed curls. "He'll eventually get over it," answered Calista offhandedly. "It isn't often to receive an offer from an academy like St. Blair's, Landon," she pouted, resting her head against the window as she wiggled in her red leather seat, "Have I mentioned how handsome you are?" she added rather promptly.

Landon was devilishly handsome, who was a few years older than she was. With fair skin, killer cheekbones speckled with freckles, and a crooked smile that left her swooning, it wasn't a surprise that she'd once had the biggest crush on him. He ran a hand through his dishevelled ginger hair—which reminded her of Jessica Rabbit, "Flirting is not part of my job qualifications, I'm afraid," he brushed off cooly, peeking a dry glance at her, "And wipe your mouth, you've got crumbs all over your lips."

She licked her lips, smiling cheekily, "What can I say, it was a delicious cookie,"

"You remember Zavian, right?" he abruptly asked, turning on the air conditioning as he rolled up the windows on her side.

She flipped open her compact mirror, pressing the loose powder around her nose, "Zavian Park?" queried Calista, puckering her lips to apply a fresh layer of gloss when Landon nodded. "The infuriating boy who kicked my shin in grade school because I called him weak?"

"You did retaliate by punching him in the nose," laughed Landon, raising his eyebrows in amusement. "He has offered to show you around."

She deadpanned. Despite knowing him since they were children, they used to argue whenever the chance arose. They fell out of touch, but Asra was the glue that kept them together. "How," Calista sighed out, "Joyful." 

HER MOUTH FELL WIDE in astonishment when admiring the enormous academy that was possibly the largest building she had ever seen in her life

HER MOUTH FELL WIDE in astonishment when admiring the enormous academy that was possibly the largest building she had ever seen in her life. When Landon opened the passenger door for her, he shook his head, "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies," in which, she hastily grew flustered, taking his hand as she exited the sleek, jet black Cadillac that had 'overpriced' written all over it.

"Welcome, Calista," the middle-aged woman greeted, clasping her hands together in an analytical posture. "I am the Headmistress, a pleasure to meet you." her smile was reassuring and genuine. The headmaster wore tired olive eyes that crinkled when she grinned and her hair was pinned up in a low bun. A thin layer of pink lipstick painted her tight lips, "As you may already know, Zavian has offered to show you around after you've settled in your dormitory."

She beamed, rubbing her sweaty palms against her blue jeans and tugging her white blazer closer to her chest when the Headmaster narrowed her eyes at Calista's attire. "Rest assured, all students are assigned specific uniforms." remarked the Headmistress distastefully which made Calista frown. "You will be given a pamphlet that covers the rules and expectations of the academy. There will be also a map, in case you are lost," she began to explain when a student around her age tapped the Headmistress' shoulder hurriedly.

"There is an emergency, Headmistress." the student spluttered, wearing a snowy white uniform detailed with scarlet and embedded with an emblem of a maroon shield as leaves surrounded it. The figure of the snowy white lion with a crown emitted clear power.

With an apologetic smile, "This is not how I envisioned our meeting," she sighed, "Is it possible if I leave for a few moments? This can be a great opportunity for the two of you to tour the academy for yourselves,"

"That would be exceptional, thank you," replied Landon curtly.

As the Headmistress followed the student towards the opposite direction, Calista stifled a laugh, "Exceptional?"

"Let me see the pamphlet," he muttered, snatching it from her hands quickly. "It appears you've gotten the largest dorm in the academy,"

Knowingly, she rubbed her temples, "I have a feeling that many students will be quite unhappy with that."

⇁ below is the uniforms based on networththe left photo—black uniforms—represent those who attend through scholarships—typically have low incomethe right photo—white uniforms—represents those who attend by being filthy rich⇁ ALL applicants are hig...

the left photo—black uniforms—represent those who attend through scholarships—typically have low income
the right photo—white uniforms—represents those who attend by being filthy rich
⇁ ALL applicants are highly intelligent and talented

⇁ below is the uniforms based on networththe left photo—black uniforms—represent those who attend through scholarships—typically have low incomethe right photo—white uniforms—represents those who attend by being filthy rich⇁ ALL applicants are hig...