53. Riptide

Jin stared in horror as Queen Daphne, who was now a humongous light blue water dragon, roared at both him and Emily, the murderous intent fueled by rage evident in her sorrowful purple eyes

Jin stared in horror as Queen Daphne, who was now a humongous light blue water dragon, roared at both him and Emily, the murderous intent fueled by rage evident in her sorrowful purple eyes. Dust from the ceiling mixed with the water because of how wide the dragon's wings were. He glanced around the room, trying to find anything that could help him fight.

"Are you seriously considering fighting a giant water dragon with just your fists, Em?," Jin questioned as he glanced at Emily without turning his head towards her. The fighting fish had a stern expression on her face, both fists balled next to her head. "I mean... I know you're a very strong warrior and all that but isn't that a little, I don't know, dangerous?"

"I can handle it. Always have," Emily snapped, her tone making Jin flinch a bit. She side-eyed the golden koi, expression softening just a bit. "Do you have a plan? The look on your face tells me that you do."

Jin went silent, the dragon watching them closely with bared teeth. His eyes scanned its long, blue tail that coiled and nearly filled up the whole room, wondering why it had wings despite being a sea creature. The water gem bearer then noticed the two statue decorations just behind the dragon, one bloody and the other sparkling. Facing Emily, who looked more serious than ever, his eyes lit up. "Do you see the spear and the trident? Maybe we can use them weapons."

"Sounds like an idea," Emily smiled and Jin blushed at how beautiful his girlfriend was. He didn't turn around to hide his flustered expression. He didn't need to.

Before Jin could reply, however, a booming voice came from none other than the dragon. It roared loudly as it began to speak in a voice that resembled Queen Daphne's, except it was deeper and more terrifying to hear. "Fools! Do you think of me as a worthless opponent? Chatting instead of facing me in battle? Fight, you cowards!"

The dragon flipped around, intent on slamming its tail on the two. Jin glanced at Emily for a split second before swimming to his right, just before the tail slammed into the rocky ground, shattering it and creating a crater line. He looked around for Emily, panicking because he couldn't see her at all. "Em?!"

Then, a silhouette swam across the water, becoming a blur in Jin's eyes, and suddenly the dragon had been struck by the jaw, causing it to groan loudly and throw its head back. He blinked, processing the fact that Emily was swimming above him with a raised fist that looked a bit bruised. Damn. "I'm okay, Jin!"

Jin realized that he shouldn't just watch Emily fight the dragon like an idiot, so he formed spinning water slicers around his wrists, remembering how Taehyung was doing the same with purple mist. He had no idea how to kill this water dragon yet but one thing was for sure, they had to weaken it somehow.

Tossing one of the spinning water slicers, Jin watched as it cut across the dragon's face, leaving a large gash on its cheek. It turned towards him angrily, thankfully leaving a semi-tired Emily alone. "How dare you ruin my beautiful face?!"