37 - Cold

I woke up with a horrible cold.

With all the recent events, I was not surprised. Exhausted with my family's visits and emotionally drained in dealing with Eli Frye, my body became vulnerable. To escape, all I do is sleep while skipping meals. I felt ashamed because I had not stop to care for myself.

"Miss Calla" George frowned when he entered the room to see me sitting in bed with my laptop in front of me. "You should be resting"

The old butler set the tray of soup and medicine on the table stand. I had been searching for a new place to move to when George gently retrieved the laptop from me.

"Miss Calla" George scolded lightly when I tried to get back the laptop.

"George" I smiled sweetly. "I promise to rest as soon as I finalize a place to move into"

"Miss Calla wants to move?" George questioned me.

"Too many eyes in this place" I replied. "It's becoming more difficult for me to relax"

George was quiet for a moment. I glanced over at the laptop but before I could reach for it, the old man skillfully put the tray of soup and medicine before me.

"George"

"Running away is not the answer"

I was startled by George's sudden statement. The old butler is always calm and quiet. Rarely does he make opinions or say anything out of turn. To hear his direct words surprised me.

"Do not worry Miss Calla" George smiles were gentle. "From now on, I will not allow unwanted guests in your home"

Again, I was startled. George was not only confident in his words, he was firm. To hear him give me such reassurance put me at ease.

"Okay George" I laughed softly. "You win"

Putting thoughts of moving aside, I relaxed against the pillowed headboard and ate.

"I will notified the university and the company about your absence" George said before he left the room.

"Thank you George"

I felt a little guilty for missing class and skipping out on my duties at Aion and Allac. What can I say? I'm actually sick this time around.