chapter 2

Harry's P.O.V.

I was currently on the balcony of my castle, looking around, searching something....I don't even know what or why, but I have a feeling that something is missing, I feel that I should be somewhere else...

I felt like this since about a week ago and I wonder why? I don't usually have feelings because c'mon, I'm a vampire, the Vampire King to be more exact so I never was sentimental or anything like this.

Not even when I was little, about 2 or 3 thousand years ago, I don't even remember feeling something, like anything, when I had to separate from my family, leaving my two brothers and mom, and just take the responsibility of every creature of this World, so why now?

I wonder what caused this? I did nothing special in the past week, beside going on the forest the first day I arrived at the castle's hadn't seen the forest and lake since I was a kid and it was my favourite place, but sadly I didn't have time to visit because of my duties.

I had spent the past 10 years fighting with the others creatures which didn't want me to be the king, because they thought that I wasn't as strong as the legend said, and decided to attack my kingdom, but I didn't used my powers at first because I thought that it wasn't necessary, that I could convince them but being suborn as he is, the "king of the mermaids" didn't listened and begin an actual war.

*I chucked* they really thought that they could win.*I remembered their face expressions when they 'declared the war'- a dark chuckle leave my lips-*their 'king' was so confident; he looked like he already won. I had to admit that everyone who would have look at the scene would thought that he's gonna win since I didn't want to use my army (all my soldiers were on my back, but I ordered them to stay out of it) and I just sat there.

I front of me were like hundreds of thousands soldiers and I was alone in this. They all looked like I was nothing and probably thought that they already won, but guess what? Two minutes later the battlefield was full of dead bodies drowning in their own blood and I just sat there. I didn't even moved a finger and I killed thousands and thousands of soldiers.*I continue remembering the fight if I could call it fight since we technically hadn't fight, at last not me, when Nick came on the balcony*

"My lord I'm sorry for interrupting you, but as the beta of the kingdom I have to make sure you're fine ...You look different since you went at the lake...Did something happened there?" Nick said, coming close to me and looking at the beautiful view of the forest in the moon light.

"Since when do I discuss my personal problems with you?"I said quite angry that he dared ask me about what I did in the forest.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty, but there are some rumours that you found your...y-your m-mate."He said hesitantly, looking down.

I was kind of and angry but curious in the same time, so I asked "Why would they think that? Plus what does it have to do with the forest and lake, I didn't..."Harry cut himself off, remembering something -someone, more exactly-. He remembered the beautiful creature that was there, at the lake. He remembered staying behind a tree and looking at the gorgeous boy.

**flashback**

I remembered how I changed into my wolf form and run in the forest enjoying the feeling of freedom and finally complete as I run though the forest smelling the same sweet smell I felt even since he got here. The scent grew stronger as I got closer to the lake. When he got there he saw the most beautiful creature he has ever seen, "a white wolf with sparkling blue eyes".

Since I got there, I couldn't get my eyes off the wolf. I watched as the gorgeous wolf moved and changed in the most beautiful boy I've ever seen, a slim, tan and short boy, I guess he was around 14-15 years.

The perfect boy shyly got in the water, somehow afraid, maybe he doesn't know how to swim? *I wouldn't mind showing him * I feel something strong beating inside my chest and something like a wind blow got though me and a voice inside my head said "MINE". I knew he's the one, my mate, my Omega, the mother of my future pups, my everything.

I didn't realised I said it aloud till the boy squealed and look around terrified "W-who's t-there?" he asked and my heart stopped and literary broke seeing him so afraid. I just want to hold him and protect him forever......

** End of flashback **

"My lord, are you feeling well?" Nick asked, but I didn't answered, I was too deep in my own thoughts, that's when I realised something, something that changed my entire life: MY HEART IS BEATING.

## Present day ##

So here I am now, somewhere I did never thought I will ever be: High School. I never, ever, was in a school before because I was house schooled and now here I fuckin' am in a High School full of teenagers. I feel kind of strange being here, but I have to do it for him, for the one that means everything for me .It's been two weeks since I first saw him and ever since then I've been watching him to make sure he's safe; being the king's mate means also being in a huge danger since lots of people want to dethrone me, hurt me and the only way to hurt me is hurting my mate, even though they don't know I found my mate it is still a risk, a risk that I don't intent to take.

I've been watching him and I found out that he's 15 years old, his name is Louis William Tomlinson, he's got kicked out of his house at 14 because he's an Omega and now he live with his human friend Zayn who I can't help but want to kill because it's so obviously in love with My kitten (yeah I call Louis my kitten because he looks so like a kitten, I just want to cuddle him and never let him out of my arms *and it's strange because I never ever liked to cuddle or even hug someone else, but I guess it's normal since the boy is become practically my everything since the moment I saw him, or maybe the moment I smelled him? I don't even know), anyway as I was saying I found out about everything about Louis and now he's on a trip in Doncaster to visit his old friend because it was his birthday.

However, now I'm at Louis' school, actually running to get in my class. The teacher let me in because I can tell she have a crush on me (like about 100% of the human population), when she said me to take a sit, I happily grinned at Louis who was staring at me since I got in the room, as well as the whole class, and went to the back of the class and sat down right beside gorgeous boy, I took a deep breath, smelling his addictive scent and turning to him, saying "Hi, I'm Harry Styles".