Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 8. The Club

- 8 -

"Welcome to McDonald's. What would you like to order?" I speak through the device connected to my ear.

"I want a happy meal and a cappuccino." a woman's voice murmures in response.

Selecting the command on the smart computer in front of me, I answer, "Anything else?"

"No, that's all."

"Ok, that's $7.25."

"Thank you."

The car appears to the side of my window, and the woman gives me her debit card to pay.

I treat her kindly and dismiss her. I sigh, no more cars in the drive thru, I'm exhausted. Although I prefer this shift than working inside the restaurant.

I fix my hat that has the McDonald's brand mark. It's still an hour before my shift is over but I feel like throwing myself out the window already.

The sensor tells me that there is a new car in Drive thru and I curse myself.

"Welcome to McDonald's. What would you like to order?"

I hear a female giggle and then someone clearing their throat, "I'd like to ask for a Rachel to go."

I smile like a fool. "Go to the next window, ma'am."

In a matter of seconds, Dani is by my window, her hair perfect as always, looking all fashion with her nice sunglasses, "I can't believe you're spending the remaining of summer here."

"I need the money and you know it, what are you doing here?"

"I came to kidnap you."

"It's still an hour before I can leave."

Dani smiles widely, "What part of kidnapping do not you understand? The part of that of it being unwilling?"

"Dani, I can't."

"Yes, you can."

I open my mouth to protest when I feel someone behind me, I turn to see Gabriel, a co-worker. His red hair escapes from his cap. His eyes fixated on Dani.

My attention turns to my best friend, "What is happening?"

"Gabriel will cover the rest of your shift for you."

I narrow my eyes, "Why would he do that?"

Dani shrugs, "We do things for our friends, right, Gabo?"

He stares at her.

Dani's gaze falls back on me. "Now, look for your things and I'll wait for you in the parking lot. We have to go now."

And she's out of my sight.

A few minutes later with my little backpack, I jump inside Dani's car, "I can't believe it."

"I'm super cool, I know."

"Gabriel? Really? I thought you didn't like redheads."

"Ed Sheeran made me change my mind."

I sigh, I don't even know why I bother, "What did you do?"

"I promised to go on a date with him."

"You can't go through life using your... hotness to get away with everything."

"Of course, I can."

I fold my arms across my chest, "Where are we going?"

"To Insomnia." My eyes widen. Insomnia is the popular club of the moment, and Dani's favorite place on Fridays' nights. I've never been there.