Chapter 4: Just Like Oranges

"Alright class," I heard the teacher called out. "Time to get your scores from your math test."

"Agh, dammit!"

"I completely forgot about that!"

"I really hope I didn't fail."

I snorted to their reactions, "It's legit that simple." I said to myself, "It's just finding factors and shit." I set my head down on my desk.

"Elaine?" I heard the teacher called out.

I hear the footsteps come towards the teacher, a few seconds later, "What?! A 71?!"

"I'm sorry Elaine," The teacher sigh, "but your work is just plain confusing."

"Oh please, we worked on the net force of x and y!" Elaine exclaimed.

I brought my head up, "Elaine you idiot, that's physics."

"I-... I!" She blushes in embarrassment and grabs her paper, stomping towards her desk.
"And Aoi." I stood up and walk towards my teacher and grabbed my test, "impressive Aoi, a 98%."

"Eh." I shrugged, "It's not much."

"Pfft, what's this bullshit got to do with the real world," I groan when I heard Tochann's voice.

"Tochann." The teacher's eyes glow brown and hit him on the head with a levitated stapler.

"Gah! Ow..." Tochann whine.

"I would not tolerate any sort of complaining and whining. You failed your test, you paid the consequence, just like every job out there. Tochann." He glare and I see Tochann sink to his seat.

"And for the ones that failed, Elaine, you and a few others will head to the tutoring station. Ah, Aoi." He looked at me, "When's your tutoring period?"

"Oh, um. 4th hour." I responded.

"You will be heading to the tutoring station on 4th period, if you do so, Aoi will report back to me and will say who was there. Those that were there will receive extra credit."

"Ew, Aoi? No way!" I heard one student cry out.

"Hell noooo. Not a cripple, I think I rather have Seraphina teach me."

I sigh in defeat and walk to my desk.

"A 98? Awesome." John looked behind and smile at me.

"Well. What did you get?" I rose an eyebrow.
"Ehhhh 84." John shrug.

"It's still good." I smile at him.

"I met Arlo." My eyes perk up.

"Oh? What do you think of him." I tilted my head.

"He was nice, I accidentally bumped into him and one of his friends tries to beat me up. However, Arlo holds him back and just let me go." John explain.

"Huh... Alright." I nodded.

"Something wrong?"

"O-Oh, nothing. It's nothing." I let out a nervous laugh, "However, stop gelling your hair."

John slightly narrow his eyes and stick out his tongue, "No." and look towards the classroom.

I sighed and tapped my chin, 'This isn't like Arlo to be nice... What are you planning...'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aoi? Stay for a bit?" My teacher called out.