Chapter 32

Shraddha's POV:
As the bright sun's warmth shone throughout the bedroom, I slowly opened my eyes. Sitting up in my bed, my head starts to pound but I look over on my side hoping to see Varun which I didn't. Instead, I saw a pillow where he was supposed to be. Rubbing my eyes, I leaned over the bed to see if he slept on the floor which he did not. Getting out of bed, I put on my slippers and left my bedroom.

"Varun." I called out for him which led me to believe that either he was asleep on the couch or he was in the kitchen making us breakfast. However, the silence that surrounded the entire apartment made me feel otherwise. The neatly folded blankets were placed on the couch, and the kitchen was not in any mess compared to the other days.

Grabbing my phone from my room, I ring his phone which automatically goes straight to voicemail. Looking out the window, I try and see if I could spot him going up the block but I don't. Where has this Varun gone? He usually never does this, especially without promising to take me out after he leaves shoot early or to make something for him to eat during lunch.

"Come on Varun, answer your phone." I say to myself calling his phone once again. Somehow, a fear starts to rise within me. Maybe he left me and went back to India without saying goodbye. But he wouldn't do that, he wouldn't leave and not tell me goodbye. That's not how he would leave things between us especially after trying to make things better between us.

Alizeh then enters the apartment as I constantly call Varun's phone which ends up going straight to voicemail. Hearing her sigh, I hear her footsteps come behind me.

"Why are you looking out the window?" She asks from behind me.

"I'm trying to see if I could spot Varun yaar, his phone's going straight to voicemail." I say frustratedly hanging up the call.

"He's not going to answer you Shrads."

"Why? What did he say?" I asked turning on my heels.

"He's gone okay." Alizeh says.

"No no he's not. He wouldn't leave without saying goodbye, he wouldn't leave things between us like this." I say brushing my messy bed hair out of my face.

"He did, he left early this morning." Alizeh says.

"No I know him, he's changed. He wouldn't leave things like this between us, it's different." I say.

Varun's POV:
"What's up lover boy?" Kiara asks as we sit on set waiting for our shot to be ready.

"Nothing." I say, going through my script hoping to memorize my lines.

"You sure? Because you aren't like this at all." She says.

"It's just I got up very early this morning, and I still have a hangover." I lie.

"Can I be honest?" Kiara asks making me look at her.

"Always." I say.

"You know, I always wanted to know how it feels to smile for no reason. To know what it feels like to have someone in your life who randomly brings a smile to your face at different times. But after working with you and knowing the people you have in your life, I see the smile that randomly appears when you're with Shraddha. I can see the way she also looks at you, you may be an idiot to not see it but I do. Hell, I think everyone who knows her by now sees the way she looks at you." Kiara says making me look down.

"She does make me smile for no reason." I agree.

"Then why are you sitting here looking like some lovelorn  lover?" She asks.

"I'm not some lovelorn lover Kiara." I slap her arm with the script.

"You honestly do, and I'm looking right at you." She says.