Fifty-One

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Jack

Update: Two days have passed since our little old lady client was spazzing and vibrating through walls. Her psychiatrist intervened, and "adjusted" her meds. The client just called. She's yawning and apologizing for over-sleeping. She's as calm as Pooh Bear. 

Thank God for pharmaceuticals.

Ceci

That's for sure.

Yesterday, I sent Gary all the police videos we've done up until now.

Jack

Beautiful. It's good that he sees that because lately we have been neglecting him to focus on the old lady's DUID trial. 

Saw you at that Jack White/Third man/Detroit Cobras show.
Lookin good, girl!

Was it fun?

Ceci

Oh yeah, had a blast! They had a video of the Cobras from the 4th Street Fair.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Jack

Hey Ceci! I don't even know where to start. I'm not religious, but I figure some mysterious, beneficent dude like the Holy Ghost is responsible. Some miracles are coming down! Our crazy old lady charged with driving under the influence of drugs begins her jury trial Tuesday. The prosecution will have 4 cops testify that she was "tweaking", shaking, jittery, and tremoring on meth.

The prosecution's key witness is their forensic toxicologist, Dr. Zane who wrote a report that concluded our client was intoxicated on amphetamines. Our defense is that she is Bipolar and ADHD, and records show that she went into a psychotic episode two days before she was stopped, and the day after she was arrested she was committed to a mental ward for 3 weeks. 

To prepare for the trial, we called the State's expert, Dr. Zane. We knew that she would testify against us, but it is vital for us to talk to her before the trial so we know how damaging her testimony will be. 

Dr. Zane was professional. She told us she believed the prescription drug found in our client's blood was at therapeutic levels. Dr. Zane said it appeared our client had taken her meds as prescribed and there was no evidence of abuse or overdose. We were stunned. This is a huge gift to us. But she didn't stop there. 

Sensing a change in the weather, I asked the Doctor if she was aware of our client's mental health history and psychotic crisis at the time of the arrest. She said she was not, but that it didn't surprise her because she had told the DAs office THREE YEARS AGO, that there was not enough drugs in the blood to account for how our client was acting. There had to be something more like a mental health problem. I told her to check the Court's expert sanity evaluation. She did. Right there on the phone, the Doctor reversed her original report and said she now believes our client's behavior was due to insanity and not drugs.

WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM!!! 

I had our toxicologist call Dr. Zane to confirm the new opinion. Then sent an email to the DA. Careful not to gloat, I told the DA that she may want to speak to her expert about some new concerns.

This morning in Court, the DAs are all in a tizzy. 

The lead DA tells me she called her expert and that Dr. Zane had recanted her report and was now a witness for the defense. The DA says that without an expert, she needs to reset our trial. I am nice as pie, but say we are set for trial and going to trial. She says her supervisor is being dispatched to our courtroom. What this means is that she doesn't have the authority to dismiss the case, but is having her boss show up to make the call on trial or dismissal. We go on the record with the judge and the DA admits her expert has switched sides to the defense (did I mention this never ever happens....Holy Ghost?) 

I tell the Court we are ready for trial, but the judge decides to reset, "to give the prosecution some time to think about their case and consider a proper resolution" Again, Wham, Bam, Thank You HOLY GHOST!!! Will keep you posted. I may have a beer and a half tonight.

Ceci

Yes, call it Holy Ghost, guardian angel. Might sound strange, but I have been noticing the paranormal more lately. And of course I'm crazy. But I think my relatives are visiting me.

Jack

I hope they are visiting. If you can begin a conversation with them, I have a ton of questions.

Ceci

I'm happy for your lady though. 

[⭐Vote⭐ for that righteous dude, the Holy Ghost!]

[PS: Why the Ringo Deathstarr video? Because I just fell in love with this band again. For like the fifth time. Is that wrong? Check out their tune Chloe, below.]