Chapter 29-Edited

Chapter 29

Elizabeth's POV

It's been a while since Zack and Patrick kidnapped me. I'm not sure how much time has passed exactly, but I can feel myself growing weaker and weaker. I still haven't been able to feel Annabel, so I haven't been able to contact anyone.

Every hour someone comes to check up on me. Every 4 hours food is brought to me. I ignore the people when they check up on me and refuse to answer any of their questions. Some of the men get really angry when I do that so I've gotten a few hits here and there. I don't make a sound because I don't want them to have the satisfaction. I don't eat the food because I know that it's probably poisoned. I don't know why I can't feel Annabel, but I feel like if I eat some of the food, things will get worse.

Every minute that I'm away from Ryder brings me pain. My heart beats dully in my chest. I don't have the will to live or do anything. These feelings would be so much worse if Ryder and I had mated. At least this way when I die he won't feel as much pain.

I'm brought out of my sad thoughts by the creaking of the door as it opens. I hear the door close and my heartbeat increases. This room is soundproof and some of the guys have been threatening to do some things to me if I don't start cooperating. I shudder and wrap my arms around my knees.

"Are you hungry, miss?" Oh, it's only him. I prefer when he comes to check on me or when he brings me food since he is the kindest one. It's hard to believe that he's part of this mess since he seems so nice. Maybe it's not by choice. When I continue to stare at the wall he lets out a sigh.

"I'm worried about you. You really need to eat." I still don't answer and I can see he's starting to get a little frustrated.

"What would your mate think if he was here? You can't stay like this! You need to fight! For your mate and your pack! Please don't give up!" Something inside of me stirs and I blink a few times. He's right. I can't just give up. I have a mate and a pack that's out there probably worried out of their minds and here I am acting like a baby. I've always been weak, and I've never stood up for myself. That needs to change. I will not go down without a fight.

I look up and glance at the man for the first time. He has short black hair, brown eyes, and a splash of freckles across his nose. His eyes are kind even though his face looks kind of scary. He's pretty muscular, and I have no doubt that he could kill me in an instant.

"Why are you helping me? Why do you even care?" I'm honestly curious as to why he's doing this. He's basically putting his life in danger for me, the enemy.

"Because you're innocent, and I'm tired of seeing innocent people hurt. I'm tired of this life. I want out." He looks like he's remembering a painful memory. I raise an eyebrow, but he just shakes his head. I guess that's a story for another time.

"Who are you?"

"I can't really say anything right now. Just know that I'm on your side." The honest look in his eyes allows me to relax a little. I nod my head slightly and he gives me a brief smile.

"Is the food poisoned? The food that people have been bringing me?" I need to know if my suspicions were correct.

"It usually is. Zack has separate food prepared for you that has been drugged. This is some of the fresh food that I was able to get from the kitchen. If anyone else offers you food, don't take it." I nod and slowly take the plate of food from him that I hadn't noticed before. I slowly pick up a piece of bread and rip little pieces off before shoving some in my mouth. My stomach rumbles and I'm reminded how hungry I actually am. I continue to eat the food slowly trying to make sure I don't upset my stomach even more.