↳ 49. IRL

VALERIA GROANED LOUDLY WHEN the relentless knocks on the front door didn't stop

VALERIA GROANED LOUDLY WHEN the relentless knocks on the front door didn't stop. Thank god Fiona was at a friend's house or else the woman would've felt terrible with the swears that spilled out of her mouth. Plus her head was pounding and the robe around her didn't help from the cold air that filled the house.

When she reached the door, her eyes were trying to remain open and a soft yawn left her lips as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand. "H-Hello?"

Tom stood outside, his hands in his pockets as he stared at Valeria with soft eyes. "Hi,"

"Tom?" Valeria asked groggily, rubbing her eyes with one hand as she looked at the man in front of her before pulling him inside and shutting the door. "What are you doing here? It's so late."

"We need to talk." he explained, biting his inner cheek after he spoke. He couldn't sleep after what Tessa had told him in the group chat, and bad the idea of it all... it wasn't something he wanted to think about. There were times when Valeria has acted oddly, he'll admit that, but he would never get the idea that she was cheating on him. So, being the guy who wanted answers, he drove to her place at 3:21 in the morning to get answers.

"Can't it wait till the morn-" she stared before he reached forward and took her hands as he shook his head.

"I-I'm afraid not." Tom sighed and lead her towards the couch before taking a seat, making sure she is sat across from him. He took in a deep breath as he held her hands in his, softly rubbing his thumb over her knuckles and slowly brought his eyes to meet hers. "I'm going to ask you something... and I want you to answer truthfully."

Valeria furrowed her eyebrows, confused on why Tom seemed so hesitant and off. Minus her headache, she was beyond worried with what was going on in his head and prayed that it was nothing but happy thoughts. So she gently squeezed his hand as if she was telling him it's alright and nodded. "Of course, yeah, ask away."

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair as she slowly brought her eyes to meet his. One hand held hers while the other found itself at the collar of his shirt, a small thing he did when he was nervous. "Are you..." Tom paused for a moment, feeling that if he finished his sentence he would throw up. But with another deep exhale he asked, "Are-Are you seeing Isaac Martinez for romantic purposes?"

She stared at him with disbelief and immediately shook her head. "Oh my god- No, absolutely not." Valeria made a small face with her nose scrunching up as her eyebrows knitted together. "Who gave you that idea?" she grabbed both of his hands, but Tom pulled back and held his own hands together. "Tom-"

"You're not telling me something," his lips curved downwards as he looked at his lap for a moment before looking back at her with pained eyes. "I know you two aren't together behind my back, but something is happening and you're not giving me the whole story and I don't like that, Valeria."

Valeria pursed her lips, bringing her robe closer to her body. She hung her head low, feeling herself grow smaller and shameful of herself. "You're right Tom, I... I haven't been completely honest with you." she brought her legs onto the couch, her feet brushing against his knees as she pulled them to her chest. "I do know Isaac, but it isn't the way you think. There's a lot more to it."

Tom slowly nodded, watching her as she spoke before leaning back on the pillow behind him, wanting her to continue. "Alright,"

She sighed and rubbed her face before playing with the end of her robe as she started to speak. "I knew Isaac back in high school along with Fiona's father.... Finn." Valeria saw the flicker of realization in Tom's eyes before continuing to speak. "We were inseparable, the band of misfits, the Three Musketeers." her fingers smoothed against the fabric of her robe as the words from her lips were spoken bitterly. "Finn and I stared dating and it was great, my parents loved him a lot and I thought they loved him more than they loved me." she chuckled quietly and rubbed her face again with a shakey sigh.

"When I got pregnant I got d-disowned quickly." she gulped before continuing, "My parents ki-kicked me out and my half-sister wasn't allowed to talk to me anymore. I went to Finn's place but when I got there he was gone, moved out. O-Out of town and completely off the grid." Valeria didn't realize she was crying until Tom was handing her a tissue. She wiped her eyes and sighed deeply, knowing that she wasn't done with her story just yet. "Then I went to Isaac's we yelled a lot. He told me it was my fault... that... that I couldn't keep my legs closed and all of that shit. So I left and stayed at my aunts before jumping from couch to couch and here I am."

"When Isaac started working for Thor: Ragnarok, we decided to go out and talk. And we did, a lot actually... He's sorry for what he has said and I've forgiven him because I'm tired of fighting with my past." Tom's hand slowly reached hers as they interlocked. "He also knows where Finn is... and he, Finn wants to see us, see Fiona. And I don't know what to do." Valeria whispered the last sentence again before Tom pulled her to his chest and laid them down on the couch.

"You are one of the strongest woman I have ever had the pleasure to meet." Tom kissed her forehead as she rested her head against his chest, their legs falling over the edge of the couch. "And as for that last part... you should sleep on it. You've worked yourself up and need time to think on it." he ran his fingers through her hair and pressed another kiss to her head. "I love you."

"I love you most, and thank you for listening." Valeria rubbed his chest softly as his arms wrapped around her into a tight embrace. They fell asleep soon afterwards, intertwined with one another as the earlier morning turned into late in the day.

☆☆☆

more into depth with val's past

and mwaha, plot twist bitch

y'all thought isaac was fiona's dad but looOL NOPE

#valneedsmorelove