Chapter Eighteen

I scream in terror as the blanket lands in my lap. Josh and Jackie immediately begin to laugh across the aisle.

I put my head in my hands and take several deep breaths. Why do I have to be so easily scared?

Josh is having a hard time breathing from laughing so hard. I push the blanket off of me and lean my head back, still trying to calm down.

"Scared of blankets, Isa-"

"Shut. Up." I say through gritted teeth, cutting Josh off. He goes back to laughing.

Jackie restrains her laughs to a minimum and goes back to watching the movie on the screen. I pull my book back out and open it, but close it when I hear that the plane will be landing soon.

I see the ground outside the plane window. Minnesota seems rather dull.

Today is the eighth day since we have started the mall tour. We actually get to meet up with Alexander, Amandla, and Jennifer today. I'm happy because I've really missed them.

Things with Alexander after the semi-kiss have actually been kind of normal. He has just started acting like it didn't even happen. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that, but it has been nice to talk to him.

I push the tray table back as I see the ground getting closer below us. Josh gets up from his seat beside Jackie and sits beside me.

"I'm sorry." He tells me. I roll my eyes and look out the window.

"I didn't realize you were scared of blankets." He says with a small laugh.

I smack him in the chest and he starts to laugh more. He buckles the seat belt over his lap.

The plane hovers above the ground and I feel the wheels hit. The brakes restrain us from going too fast and I'm pushed forward against the seat belt. The plane slowly comes to a stop and we reach the gate.

Josh stands up and pulls Jackie's and I's bags from the overhead. I take my suitcase in one hand and my duffle bag over my shoulder, then walk out of the first class compartment.

The flight attendants close the doors off from the other passengers and I walk out with Josh and Jackie. When we get out of the jetway, I see tons of fans waiting at the gate.

I smile and wave at a few of them, and they all scream as Josh walks out. I laugh at all of the crazy posters. This is absolutely insane! I didn't expect there to be people waiting here.

Some security officers guide us out of the gate and through the airport. When we get outside, the three of us huddle in a van.

Josh and Jackie still continue to laugh about the whole blanket incident. I'm not scared of blankets at all, but I am just really easily scared.

We arrive at the hotel and go up to the front desk. Tons of fans are here as well, but there are people setting up ropes to keep them from us.

The person at the desk gives the three of us our room keys and we get in the elevator. We are on the very top floor of the hotel.

When we get to the floor, I go to my room and set my bags down. We have to be at the mall today at 3:00 for personal interviews and have the big group interview at 6:00.

I pull out a few outfits from my suitcase, pondering what to wear. When I can't decide, I go out of my room and knock on the neighboring door.

"Jackie!" I yell against the door.

"What?" I hear her call from inside.

"I can't decide what to wear!" I yell again.

The door opens and the red-headed girl stands before me. She smiles and walks into my room, examining the outfits sprawled across my bed.