Chapter 2

Chapter 2: New Crush

Happy Thanksgiving!🦃🍂

————

"Yuri, time to get up! It's Tuesday, and it's your last day of school this week since thanksgiving is coming up." Her mother, Ivory, said as she bust inside of her bedroom.

Yuri sighed as wiped the crust out of her eyes. Looking at the clock, she seen that it was going on six thirty in the morning.

"By the way, your aunt Isla is getting you today. We're going to her house today, she said it's an important dinner tonight. Your grandma will be there too." She said before leaving the room.

Sliding out of her queen sized bed, she slipped her feet into her slippers and made her way to the bathroom that was connected to her bedroom.

After taking a quick shower and lotioning up body, she took care the rest of her hygiene and got dressed.

"Yuyu, can we get some ponytail holders?" Her little sisters asked.

Yuri nodded. "Yeah, look on my vanity." She said as she put on her uggs. "Is daddy downstairs?" She asked.

The twins nodded and Yuri quickly made her way downstairs, to see her dad sitting on the couch.

"Hey, dad." She said as she approached him.

"Morning, princess, you ready to go?" He asked.

Yuri nodded as she stared at her dad's face. He was starting to look rough since him and her mom separated last month.

Ivory caught a few women in Yusuf's phone, and they all claimed that they were seeing him on the daily.

Even though he didn't have sex with them, it still hurt Ivory. Instead of being at home and helping her with their daughters, he was out giving all his attention to other women.

"Did you see mommy?" Yuri asked.

"You know your mama don't wanna talk to me." He started. "I know that you know what's going on, but me and your mother aren't getting a divorce. I messed up, but it's hard living in a home with your wife that doesn't even acknowledge you anymore." He finished before opening the front door.

Yuri stayed silent as they made their way to his Range Rover. Yusuf never went a year without upgrading his car. He loved Range Rovers, but he had other cars, but this was his favorite to drive.

"Dad, I want a car." Yuri said.

"Get a job." He said smartly.

"Dad, please. I always brought home straight As, and I never get in trouble at school. I also got my license already, please daddy!" She begged.

Yusuf sighed and nodded. "Okay, but I want you to learn how to be independent. I'll pay for your car, but we gotta go half on the car note in three years, then you gotta start paying everything on your own." He said.

Yuri nodded. "That's fine with me. You know I got you, Dad." She said.

A paper ball hit the back of Yuri's head as she sat in her Spanish II class.

Turning her head, she seen that it was Julia. "What's number five?" She whispered.

Yuri playfully rolled her eyes and looked around to see the teacher in the back of the class on his phone.

Pulling out of phone, she snapped a picture of her test and quickly sent it to Julia. Slipping her phone back in binder, she continued to take her test.

"Ten minutes left." The teacher said.

After the test, she made her way of class and went to her next class with Julia, who walked beside her. "I don't even know if I still like Will, you know? He's starting to irritate me. Plus, I'm still in love with my Duke." She said as they walked into their Contemporary World Issues class.

"Then break up with him. He is annoying, and he's not that cute." Yuri agreed.

Julia laughed and playfully pushed Yuri. "You irritating." She said.

Walking in, the teacher had a new seating chart on the board. Yuri searched for her name and her heart started to race when she seen that she was seated next to East Sylvester.

"Oh hell no." Julia said. "I'm not sitting next to that bitch." She snapped.

"Watch your mouth, Morris." Ms. Welch said.

"I'm still gonna sit next to you. I don't care." Julia said as she sat on the right side of Yuri.

Yuri was waiting on East to arrive and sit next to her on the left side. She was nervous and hoped that he wouldn't do too much over him sitting next to her.

Finally seeing East, who walked in tardy, he looked at all the filled up seats, expect the empty one that was next to Yuri.

Making his way over to her, he plopped down next to her and put his head down

"Julia isn't even in her right seat." The girl that was suppose to be seated next to her, Jessica, said as she smirked.

"Why aren't you in your seat, Julia? Please go to it." The teacher said.

"I don't wanna sit next to that bit-

"Final warning! Go to your assigned seat or I'll write you a referral." The teacher threatened.

"Doing too much." Julia said moving her seat.

"Okay, class. We will be working in partners today. Please match the dates on your worksheet to the event. First to finish will get extra credit and a homework pass on any assignment." She said.

Yuri stayed silent as she stared at East, who still sat there with his head down.

"Um .." She said trying to get his attention.

Raising his head, he looked at Yuri. "What?" He snapped.

"We're supposed to be ..working." She said awkwardly.

East sighed. "Looked, my girl tripping. I'm not in the mood for this. You do the work and I'll do all the work next time, okay?" He asked.

Yuri looked at him and slowly nodded, but her heart broke when she found out that he was back with his ex, Leah.

"Okay." She said before picking up her pencil.

Yuri couldn't help but to think about Dave, she was kind of excited about the dinner tonight. East was honestly the last person on her mind now.