96 | late nights

maisie groaned as she rolled over with her eyes squished shut as her ringtone filled the room, "hello?" she said with a huff.

"well hello to you too, maisie," joe's voice replied sarcastically.

"what d'you want," she demanded.

"i was wondering if you wanted to stay over? im lonely and bored," his mouth whined.

"well im tired, grumpy and whiny. is that okay?" she asked, she heard joe laugh lightly making her lips tweak up into a little smile.

"sure thing, baby. come on, im waiting." with that, she said see you later and put some clothes on, leaving a note for jenn for when she comes home, and got an uber to joes.

"hi," she smiled as he opened the door, he gave her a warm smile. he face looked tired and his hair was fluffy.

joe told maisie to get herself comfortable in the bedroom and said he'd he back with some drinks and snacks.

"you good?" he asked her softly, placing their glasses on the side table and some food on a tray resting on the white sheet.

she hummed, snuggling further into the covers. she shuffled into joes side as he snuggled down into the bed as well.

the television was now just playing in the background as the two chatted between them.

"its your birthday soon," he said, nudging her a little.

she hummed, "when we go to paris."

he nodded, "what do you want? for your birthday i mean, i wanna get you something but im not sure what." she answered truthfully.

"a kiss," she winked and he rolled his eyes with a smile on his face,

"seriously," he said looking at her, but she just shrugged,

"i mean, being in paris with you and a few of the others will be fun. im excited for that. i know this is really wet to say but like, i dont want or need anything, joe. please dont waste your money," she said to him.

the boy let out a whine, "so if i got you nothing - not even a card, you'll be fine with it?"

"yes," she said immediately.

"really?" he questioned her

"did i stutter?" he rolled his eyes at her, "im serious! buy me my first legal drink? i dont know, i literally dont need anything but if you want to get me something, go ahead. i dont wanna stop you if it'll make you sad," she pouted at her cute boyfriend.

"i wanna get you something- and i will." he said, proudly.

"i cant wait to go to paris. its such a beautiful place. i also can't wait to go home for a little while. im feeling quite homesick," she admitted.

joes lips formed a pout as she told him this, sadness washed upon her face as she spoke and joe hated that she felt sad, "i might try and extend the time at home. i hope i can."

"i mean, ill miss you," joe started, "but i also dont want you to be a grumpy granny. when you're happy, i'm happy."

"do you smell that?" she gasped,

"what?!" he asked, startled trying to smell something.

"that cheese," she laughed and his face instantly dropped from concerned to pretend pissed off,

"god i hate you,"

"fuck off no you don't."