Chapter 8

''What's your name?''

        ''It . . .it . . . it's Drake Barrow.  What do you two want with me?''

        Natasha and Steve have found one of Cheyenne's targets and waited for him in his house until he returned.

        ''We aren't going to harm you,'' Steve says.  ''We only want to ask you about the girl who tried killing you.''

        ''The Onyx Assassin?  What do you want to know about her?  She's killed half the men that work for me.''

        ''And what is it exactly that you hire them for?'' Natasha asks.

        ''Its mob work, why would I give you details.''

        ''Do you know why she's after you and your men?  She said she's doing it for revenge, but besides that she has told us nothing about what she does.''

        Drake goes over to his bar that's against the wall and pours himself a drink.  ''I could guess why,'' he sits down in a comfortable looking chair.  ''She had an older brother, I believe the two were really close, bu he had a few problems.  He'd try making deals with me, even a few others in the neighborhood.  He owed a few hundred.  He didn't pay us back by our three month deadline so, well, you're both smart enough, we cut him off.  I guess that's why she's been after us.  She's killed members of different mobs, not just mine, so I don't know if she has a thing against mobs or if they did something as well.''

        ''You'll be lucky if we don't report you,'' Steve says.

        Natasha sets her hand on his shoulder and whispers to him.  ''Even if we did he's powerful, we can't touch him.''

        Drake sits in his chair drinking whatever it is in his glass.  ''Is there anything else the two of you would like to know?''

        ''No.  That's all,'' Natasha says as she starts to leave his house.  Steve follows her.

        ''Should we trust him?'' they get outside and the moon is high in the sky.

        ''Not like we have much of a choice, besides, if he doesn't like her, then its more likely he's telling the truth, he probably guessed that we have her in custody, he'll want something to happen to her.  But with anything else, then no, I don't trust him.''

        '' . . . I started making my own arrows to tried archery, my parents didn't like it very much, but I did it anyway, same with learning about guns, anything with weapons my parents up for.''

        ''I can understand why, but its useful to know in case if anything ever happens to you.''

        ''They didn't see it that way.''

        Cheyenne and Clint are walking around on the lowest floor of the Helicarrier.  They are walking on a gated walk way, and there's pipes everywhere.   They've been talking for almost five hours now.  ''So, I've been wondering-,'' they hear loud footsteps.  ''How long have we been walking?'' Cheyenne asks sounding worried.

        Clint looks at his watch.  ''Crap, its been almost five hours, they have to be looking for you by now.  We should start going back,'' Clint turns around but Cheyenne puts a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

        ''Can I see your bow and one of your arrows?''

        ''Why?''

        ''Just let me see them,'' he hands her his bow and an arrow from the quiver on his back.  She aims the arrow up towards the pipes.  She lets go of the arrow and the arrow hits against one pipe making its direction turn and hen it happens to another pipe then it finally hits something that breaks and smoke come out of the pipe and starts to fill the area.  She hands him his bow and starts to rush down the walkway.  ''Come on.''

        ''What the hell did you do that for Cheyenne,'' he follows her.

        She's about to say something but she runs into a guard who is holding a gun.  She takes a few steps back.  He grabs her by the arm and pulls her closer  so that she can't get away.  She takes out the piece of metal she had and stabs him in the side.

        Clint comes up behind her and grabs her.  ''What the hell do you think you're doing!'' the guard takes the metal out and tosses it, he starts bleeding.

        ''Agent Barton, let go of her.  I'll take her,'' Clint lets go of her and the guard takes Cheyenne all the way back to her cell.

        Clint leans against the railing looking down at the gated path.  ''What the hell did I do.  They probably know it was me who let her out, there's like twenty different cameras in that small room.  What the hell Clint!  Fury is going to kill me,'' he sighs in anger and disappointment.

        ''Fury!  We found out some things that you may want to know,'' Natasha and Steve enter the conference room where Fury is sitting in a chair talking to Maria Hill.  Maria walks out once the two whisper something to each other.

        ''What did you two find out.  It better be good.''

        ''Its mainly true that she did it for revenge, but we aren't a hundred percent sure if any of them were just because she wanted to,'' Steve says.

        ''She goes after people in mobs.  Apparently some guys from a mob killed her older brother because he owed them some money and he didn't get it to them in time,'' Natasha adds.

        ''The guy we talked to is Drake Barrow, and he said it was happening in other mobs as well.  She may have a thing against all mobs now, or else he was in trouble with more than one,'' Steve says.

        ''Well, at least we know who she's targeting and why.  Wonder if Clint got anything out of her.  I haven't heard anything from him since I told the three of you what to do,'' Fury stands up out of his chair.

        Clint walks back into the room where Cheyenne is being held after she's been in there for a few minutes.

        ''Where did you learn to shoot like that?  It takes skill to be able to do what you did back there,'' Clint asks Cheyenne.  ''You never did tell me how you learned to shoot, since your parents never let you.''

        She doesn't answer him.  She keeps her back towards him not moving at all.  She still can't believe that she let herself get caught, she was so close to finding out the truth but she slipped and got caught again.  She'll get out of there no matter what it takes, even if she has to kill everyone on this boat to do so.