Cost Chapter 30

Nari POV

"You're not leaving," Hanuel said. "You hit me. I can't stay here," I said backing away from him. I muffled a sob behind my hands. "I'm sorry. It's the tumor, I can't control myself," Hanuel pleaded. "Is that what it was with Taehyung? The tumor was making you feel on him like he was an adult," I asked. Hanuel's face went blank and his eyes became cold and distant.

"What did you just say," he asked. "Taehyung? Was the tumor  making you molest him?" Hanuel snarled, "Dont talk about things you have no idea about." I wiped the tears from my eyes and glared at him, "You son of a bitch! I sent my son away to protect him from you." Hanuel smiled wickedly, "You did it pretty late, wouldn't you say. Two years after he moved in here you moved him out." I felt my chest cramp and I released a shaky breath. "Shut up," I whispered, knowing that every word he said was true. "Oh come on, Nari. Let's not play innocent here. You knew what was happening and you didn't do a damned thing to stop it," Hanuel mocked.

"I didn't believe it, I didn't want to think that a man like you could do that to a little boy," I whimpered. Hanuel a grabbed my chin and wretched my face towards him. "What finally made you remove him from my grasp, hmm? Was it guilt, hatred that he was getting more attention than you from me," Hanuel asked, knowing I was hanging off of every word. I chest cramped more and I could vary breathe. "Don't be silent now, Nari. Tell me, was it the bruises on his skin that brought it to your attention and you finally couldn't ignore it or was it the way he cried for you to stay when you were leaving?"

"I never meant for Taehyung to be hurt," I whispered. Hanuel's lips came closer to my ear and made me shiver as his warm breath cascaded over my neck. "Let's be honest here Nari. You never wanted me, you wanted the money," Hanuel said quietly. I turned turned towards him, "No, I wanted to see you in jail." Hanuel laughed loudly, "Me? You don't have any proof."

I unbuttoned my blouse slowly and looked at him with me swollen eyes with a lip bite. When I got to the button right above my bra I pulled the shirt open to reveal the black wire under my shirt. "Is that enough proof for you," I asked. Hanuel opened his mouth to answer, but I stopped him. "I wasn't talking to you," I smirked. Hanuel frowned, "Who were you talking to then?" The door opened and I smiled as I saw my captain Im Jaebum come in with cuffs. "Kim Hanuel you are under arrest for the molestation of Kim Taehyung and numerous other minors. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one the courts will appoint one to you. Do you understand the rights I have just recited to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak," Jaebum asked.

Hanuel nodded. Jaebum continued putting him in handcuffs and made a gesture for him to speak. "Fuck you," Hanuel said simply. Unnecessarily Jaebum pushed him to start walking and Hanuel fell into his face. I winced as I watched him fall. "Get the fuck up Hanuel. Since you like feeling on little boys how about you try feeling on me and see what happens," Jaebum spat and pulled him up. I watched as they walked out together with Hanuel shouting every curse that he could think of. I plopped down onto one of the couches and put my head onto my knees after drawing them to my chest.

As I sat I sobbed into my knees trying to muddle the sound. A few minutes later a hand appeared on my back and began rubbing it comfortingly. "It's okay, Nari noona," a voice said. I looked up and smiled wanly at BamBam. "It won't be alright though. My son hates me and I honestly can't blame him," I croaked. BamBam wiped my eyes and laid a friendly peck to my forehead, "It'll be okay. Relax take a breather and then talk to your son."

I smiled at BamBam and watched as he walked away. I walked out of the house and across the street to Taehyung's home. I knocked on the door sooftly and rang the doorbell. I rocked back and forth onto my heels as I waited for someone to answer the door. Soon enough Taehyung answered the door with a lollipop in his mouth, staining it blue. I tackled him in a hug and rocked us back and forth, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for waiting so long to get you out of the house and I'm sorry that I didn't believe you when you told me. I didn't want to believe that a predator like Hanuel would ever prey on his own stepson."

Taehyung patted my back awkwardly and pushed me off of him. "What happened," he asked. "Look across the street," I said and stepped out of his view to let him see behind me. "Hanuel got arrested," he asked, shocked. I nodded and looked at him. "Jungkook hyung! Come here, hurry," he yelled back into his house. A couple of seconds later the sound of feet slapping against the floor echoed as Jungkook appeared. "Yeah," he asked. Taehyung pointed across the street and pulled Jungkook close. He whispered into Jungkook's ear and soaked his shirt with tears. "I'm sorry Taehyung. I put my job first and it cost me my relationship with you. I never meant for you to become a victim of child molestation. I just wanted to stop Hanuel from hurting another child and I ended up ignoring that he was doing it right in my own house."

Taehyung pulled away from Jungkook and frowned at me, "Job?" I nodded, "I'm a cop. I was on a deep cover job and it was to expose Hanuel. I left your father to become closer to Hanuel. All the trips were really just me helping the other detectives work to solve the case except for a few. Hanuel seemed to be a good man and I really did eventually fall in love with him. I didn't ask to be removed from the case though because I thought that once we found victims of Hanuel that I would be able to ignore my love for him and deliever justice to him. You were a casualty that never should have happened in a battle of selfishness and selflessness. I'm so sorry."

Taehyung stared at me for a while and released a big breath. "You, you made me feel like I was in the wrong for so long. You made me feel like I was crazy and that I was actually looking for attention instead of wanting protection from my own mother. I forgive you, but I'm done. Don't try calling me or coming over anymore, I don't want to talk to you anymore. I don't want you to be apart of my life anymore, you were my past and Jungkook and my friends are my future. Let me move on with my life, please," Taehyung said calmly before stepping back into his house and gently closing the door behind him.

I love you....

Another one. It's a bit late, but I mean better late than never right? I hope you enjoy this chapter and have been having a great day/night. I love you all and as always...... PEACE!!!