4

UPON HEARING a knock on the door, Amara immediately responded rudely.

Amara was crying on her bed, with her knees up to her head.

"Go away!" She said.

"Open the door. It's Arthur."

She rolled her eyes and unlocked the door.

"It's open."

Arthur slowly opened the door and stepped inside. He closed the door and then sat on the edge of her bed.

"I'm sorry for the loss of your parents."

"Everyone says it. Nobody means it."

She grabbed the tissue box next to her.

"I mean it. They might not, but I do." He said, stood up, and then kneeled near the bed; where Amara was sitting.

She nodded innocently and met his green eyes.

Amara held a picture frame with a picture of her and her parents.

"This was on my 16th birthday, 12 years ago." The girl said, with a smile on her face.

This was the first smile since her parents' death.

"So you're 28?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm 28. How old are you?"

"How old do I look?"

"29."

"I'm 33." Arthur tells her. "Wow, now I feel old."

"Sorry!" She says. "My mind can't comprehend that they're gone. I'm still thinking that my mom will open the door and tell me to wash the dishes."

Arthur sighed.

Amara got up from her bed and stared at her crying face in the mirror.

She started punching the mirror and she ended up completely breaking it. Her hands were bloody, but that didn't stop her.

Now Amara was messing up her room. She threw everything from her dresser.

"Hey, pretty girl, calm down."

"They're dead!" She yelled. "They're actually dead."

Her hands grabbed a lit candle and she threw it on the floor. The carpet immediately bursted into flames.

Arthur grabbed the water bottle on the nightstand and put it on the flame. The flame died instantly.

"I really need you to calm down."

"My life has been full of death and disappointments! My real mom and dad, my adoptive parents, my fellow Amazonian warriors, my husband from a thousand years ago, my 9 children also from a thousand years ago! There's nothing left for me anymore, NOTHING. My mind can't even comprehend all the people that I've lost. They're all dead. Everyone I've ever loved is dead. How am I going to move on from this? What am I supposed to do? Where am I going to go? How? Why? What? AHH!" She screamed and stuttered.

"Hey, hey, look at me, maanik."
(He calls her ruby in Hindi. Lmao that's the only word he knows so)

"No! No, no, no, no, I-I-I can't. I can't!" She said, and fell to her knees.

The Hindu girl began to sob on the ground.

At this point, Arthur didn't even know what to do to get her calm again.

He picked her up and set her on his knees.

"It hurts, it hurts. Everything hurts, make it stop! Make it stop, please."

"Shhh. Shhh. You're going to be okay."

"Please, it hurts, everything hurts. Make it stop!" She replied, and put her hands on her head.

~

Hours had passed, and Amara was now taking a nap.

Her parents' funeral was in an hour.

I AM SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! NEXT ONE WILL BE LONG (LMAO LIKE JASON MOMOA'S DICK) OKAY I WILL STOP.