It's Her

*Author's Note*

Hey guys,

Sorry, I know it's been three days, I think I jinxed myself by saying I should have an easy week haha. Group projects are killing me cause my group is lameee haha. Anyways, this one is super long, almost double of normal to make up for it. Can't wait to read your comments!

Love you,

Sarah <3

Hailey's POV

I'd been laying there for hours attempting to sleep, when I finally just realized it was pointless. It had been five days since my blowout with Harry, and all I'd done the entire time was sit around with Niall and Gemma and binge on TV. I pulled myself out of bed and headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, thinking maybe if I wandered around for a while I might get tired. I could hear the faint sound of Niall's soft snoring as I got closer to the kitchen, and assumed he must have fallen asleep on the couch watching TV.

I smiled to myself as I turned the corner and saw him and Gemma passed out on the couch, her head resting softly on his chest with his arm securely around her, their legs intertwined as they slept soundly. It was obvious that Gem hadn't had a good night's sleep in a while, and I was glad that she seemed to find enough comfort in Niall to get some rest. It was easy to understand why she would turn to him, his naturally positive temperament could make any situation seem less bleak, and I'm sure she didn't wanna lean on Harry too much because he was going through the same thing.

I grabbed my glass of water and quietly tip toed back to Niall's guestroom, sighing as I climbed back into bed and my thoughts returned to Harry. I wondered where he was, if he was getting any sleep, if his anger for me had lessened in any way. I hated the idea that he was laying there somewhere staring at the ceiling like I was, feeling alone and sad, worrying about things the way that I knew he would be. I missed the feeling of him next to me, and no matter how long it had been since I slept next to him, I never quite seemed to get used to not having him there. Sometimes I could even smell him, hear his breathing and almost feel his arms around me, but others I felt the complete absence of him and the bed felt cold and empty.

I think I dozed off just as the sun was coming up, and I awoke to the sound of music and laughter echoing down the hall. They were two sounds I hadn't heard in a while, and I smiled to myself as I got out of bed and padded towards the kitchen. I entered to find Gemma sitting in the chair, her head thrown back in laughter as she giggled while Niall lip synched to Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield and danced around the kitchen pulling things out of the fridge. I stood in the doorway watching for a minute, laughing to myself as the two of them had some sort of karaoke sing off, singing the lyrics at each other and playing invisible instruments.

I thought of Harry and I and the way we used to do the same thing in the kitchen, and for a minute I felt like I was interrupting some kind of private moment between them. Something dawned on me as I watched Niall's face, something in his eyes as he looked at her, and it confirmed something I'd been thinking for a while. Gemma was shaking her head at him as Uptown Girl by Billy Joel came on and Niall pulled her out of her seat and started to spin her around the kitchen. It was nice to see her look so carefree, but I guess that's what Niall did for most people.

It was another minute or so before they noticed me, Niall immediately starting to sing the lyrics louder as he came toward me and grabbed my hand, forcing me to dance with him as he pulled me over to Gemma. We laughed as the three of us seemingly danced ourselves into a good mood, before the song came to an end and Niall went over to turn the stereo down and returned to making breakfast.

"Sorry, blue eyes." He chuckled. "Guess we woke ya up."

"I don't mind. A dance party is always a nice way to wake up." I smiled softly.