Fall For Me

The above cover was sent in by trulyness
Thank you!

EDITED

Prologue

"Where are you going?" My roommate, Clarissa asked me. She was a sophomore and I was a freshmen.

"My math professor asked me to tutor some guy. I have to go to his dorm every Tuesday and Thursday at 6 until he improves." I explained.

"Who?"

"Jackson Garfield." I replied, with a shrug. I was slightly frightened by the way Clarissa jumped up from her position studying on her bed with wide eyes.

I was even more scared when she started pacing around the room and rubbing her temple.

"Be careful, Jace. He's the biggest player here."

"Clearly not that big if I haven't heard of him." I rolled my eyes as I began walking out.

"Just be careful." I gave her a brief 'thumbs up'.

I made my way over to the boys dormitory. I bumped into a friend of Clarissa's, Josh.

"Hey Jaycee, sorry about that." He apologized. "What're you doing over here?"

"Tutoring." I murmured. "Can you help me find Jackson Garfield's room?" Josh gave me a concerned look.

Why does everyone want me to be so cautious around this guy? He surely can't be that bad.

When I returned his concerned look with an annoyed one, he gave in. "Down the hall. First door on the right."

"Thank you." I sighed.

I gave Jackson's door two light knocks, and after a few moments, an extremely attractive guy, shirtless guy opened it.

"Hi, I'm your tutor, Jay-" he yanked me inside quickly.

"Shut up!" He hissed. What a little jerk! "Nobody knows I'm being tutored and I tend to keep it that way."

I gave him an annoyed look, similar to the one I had just given Josh. "I would highly appreciate it if you treated me with respect. I am giving up my night to sit here and tutor you so you don't fail." I snapped.

"Whatever, won't happen again."

"I believe an apology is in order."

"Listen, sweetheart, I'm Jackson Garfield. I don't apologize."

Clarissa and Josh were right. This guy is an asshole.

"Let's just begin."

~•~

Jackson cannot stay focused, that's final.

I've been here since 6, it's now 7:30, we've gotten maybe 20 minutes of work done. He kept getting sidetracked with his phone, his hair, or himself.

"Where's your roommate?" I asked, sighing. I give up. This guy simply does not want to stay focused.

"He doesn't live here."

"So you don't have one? Everyone has a roommate."

"Well, mine knocked up a chick so now they live together, but he didn't tell the school." He shrugged, simply. Oh, that's nice. "I told him I wouldn't tell anybody as long he let me have this room completely to myself." The smirk on his face disappeared as quickly as it came when realization dawned on him.

He certainly isn't the brightest.

"I won't tell anyone." I rolled my eyes. "I need to get back, though. See you on Thursday."

"About that, I-"

"You have no choice. If you skip a session, I'm telling Professor Simmons and I'm done."

Jackson groaned. "Whatever." He grumbled.

I gave him a nod then walked out of his room.

Maybe Clarissa wasn't actually right. She said he was a player, she said nothing about him being a jerk. He showed no signs of being a player, besides calling me sweetheart.

I got back to my dorm and found that Clarissa was in the showers. I usually shower in the morning since I don't have any classes until noon.

Ah, perks.

I put on some jogging shorts and a baggy shirt from my high school, it just said LHS Seniors and my last name on the back, Gardner.

I grabbed my green headphones and my iPod with all my music on it.

Clarissa walked in as I was walking out.

"Night jog?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Have fun, Jace."

I plugged my headphones in my ears as I walked down to the main floor to go outside.

I hummed with my eyes closed as I jogged around the track.

I like being out here late because no one is out here.

But, that thought was shattered when, as soon as I opened my eyes, I saw only white and then I fell backwards. Almost. Almost fell backwards. The person in white quickly reached forward and caught their arm around my waist.

"Joslyn?" I narrowed my eyes to see through the dark sky. Jackson.

"It's Jaycee." I grumbled, pulling away from Jackson.

"Right..." A normal person would've apologized, but then I remembered I'm talking to Jackson Garfield so there was no way that was happening.

I jogged past him, replacing my earbuds. Then I felt presence next to me. It could only be Jackson Garfield.

"Can I help you?" I sighed, not sparing him a glance.

"With a date? You could actually. Friday night?"

"It's not happening, Garfield."

Jackson's POV-

I was surprised when she denied me like that. Nobody ever rejects going on a date with me.

"Let's make a deal, shall we?" Jaycee stopped in her tracks.

I knew her name when I caught her, I just didn't want to seem like I remembered it. It would be leading a girl on too much and I've learned that's how you make the clingy ones.

"What?" She questioned, looking at me skeptically.

"I have a test next Wednesday. If I can get B or better, you have to go on a date with me."

Jackson Garfield has never been rejected and I sure as hell wasn't going to start now, and so easily.

"Then I just won't tutor you."

"You have to or I'll tell Simmons." She glared at me.

"Fine." Jaycee sneered. She turned and jogged back towards the girls dormitory.

I smirked and walked back to my dorm room, snagging a girl on the way.

Guess I have to actually pay attention and work during these damn tutoring sessions if I want to go on this date with this girl.

This shouldn't be fun. At least I have Molly to keep my mind off of it during the night - or is it Millie? Oh well. It's not like that it matters.

It's not everyday a girl rejects me and isn't distracted by my sexiness. I mean, I was shirtless for the entire tutoring session earlier, she barely spared my chest a glance. She gave it a few looks of discomfort, proving to me that she was on the nerdier side.