Chapter 18

*Your POV*
I'm sitting at Pop's with Betty, Veronica, and Archie. B and V are on one side, and I'm on the other with Arch, leaning back in my seat, crossing my arms. I'm not really sure why she wanted me to come here, but I came anyways. It sounded urgent.

"Ms. Grundy showed up in Riverdale a year ago, out of thin air. There's no record of her before that. Her Facebook, her LinkedIn account, they were all created one year ago. Before that, she's a ghost. She doesn't exist."

I lean forward to look at what she handed Archie. "Damn, Betty how far are you going to go into this?" I ask.

She ignores me, and I look straight ahead at Veronica, and then look up and over to the side and just mouth, "Okay." She chuckles.

"The only Geraldine Grundy I could find was a woman who died seven years ago." She continues.

"How..Where did you find all this?" Archie asks.

"The deep web. The dark internet. Check it, it's all online. Simple googling." Veronica answers.

"And did you cyber-stalk Ms. Grundy before or after you and (Y/N) interviewed her for a fake article?" he looks over at me.

I throw my hands up, "Hey, I didn't know anything about this."

He looks back up at Betty, who is about to say something, but he interjects, "Why are you doing this, Betty? I'm not in any danger."

"You don't know that." Betty says.

"Yeah, I do. I'm with her." She looks down, "I know what we have, and you don't."

"She taught Jason Blossom. Did you know that?"

I sigh, "She's taught lots of people, Betty. What's your point?" I ask.

"My point is, you don't know anything about her, Archie." She snaps, "Doesn't that worry you?"

"Betty, let this go." I say.

She's about to say something again, but Archie intrudes, "If you're really my friend, you'll let this go."

Well that made her stop. "Okay. I'm sorry. I'm done. I'll stop digging." I can see the lie right through her face.

~

Jug and I go to "Andrew's Construction Co." to visit Fred and talk about the drive-in. We walk in, and I lean against the wall, hands in my pockets.

"Mayor McCoy says you won the contract to tear down the drive-in." Jug says.

"I did." Fred walks over to his desk, "Look, I'm sorry, Jughead. I know how much you love the Twilight, and so do I-"

"Mr. Andrews, just give me one week to track down the person who bought the land, and convince them not to demolish a holy house of cinema."

"It's a big contract for me, Jug, and for my guys. Whatever they build in the place of the drive-in could mean more jobs-"

"Yeah, in what? Some hypothetical future?"

"Jug.." I say, quietly.

"No, it's okay, (Y/N)." Fred turns to me, and then back to him.

"You put one Jones out of work, why don't you put out another, huh?" Jug finishes.

A confused look grows on my face. "Jug, your dad was taking materials from one of our job sites. I had to let him go." Fred says.

Jughead looks to the side, "Right. You did what you had to do. Like you're doing here, now." He scoffs, and walks. "Later."

"Jug." Fred starts.