Chapter 15

*Your POV*
The next day, I see Veronica reading a newspaper. I go up to her, "What's that?" I ask.

"Betty exposed Chuck on the Blue and Gold." She says.

I groan, "Why doesn't she ever tell me about these things? I'm sort of working with the Blue and Gold, too." I laugh a little, and then sigh, "I guess I can't fully blame her, I should let it go this time."

"Yeah, I guess. Let's go find her."

"Okay." We walk around a little bit, and spot her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Quite the expose." Veronica says, and holds up the paper.

"Whenever did you find the time to write it?" I ask.

She sighs, "I stayed up all night. Couldn't sleep after.."

"Me neither." Veronica says.

"How are your hands, (Y/N)?" Betty asks.

I laugh, "Honest to God, they're fine. I just put some band-aids on them." Lie. "Stop worrying about me. I'm the least of your problems right now. But, I mean, can we talk about what happened?" I ask.

She gives me a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"The wig, and everything?" Veronica says. "How far were you gonna take it?"

"Chuck deserved it." Betty says.

"You called him Jason."

"Know what? I didn't do that."

"Um, yes, you did." I say. She starts walking away but we follow her. "You called yourself Polly."

"It was like Dr. Jekyll, Mistress Hyde." Veronica adds. "You became another person."

We stop at her locker and she opens it. "Okay, I mean..I remember saying Chuck should apologize for Polly, but not because I thought he was Jason."

Veronica and I both look at each other, and then at her, "Why then?" I ask.

"Because I'm sick of guys like Chuck and Jason doing horrible things to girls like me, you, and Polly. Okay?" she walks off.

~

We all gather around the hall as Chuck and his posse walk down the hallway. Everyone's taking pictures and videos of him getting cut from the football team.

"Thanks Betty, Veronica, and (Y/N)." Ethel says.

"Thank you, Ethel for going on the record. It made all of the difference with Weatherbee." Betty says.

"You are the bravest of them all, Ethel. Muggs." Veronica adds.

"Hashtag JusticeForEthel." Cheryl says.

I nudge Betty's arm, and she nods. We both walk out of the school and out to a trash can in the back. Betty throws the playbook in the trash can, and spreads gasoline all over it. I light a match, and throw it in, as we watch the book burn up in flames.

-------------------------
Word Count: 436